Hydraulic Flood Modeller
Advertiser: Royal HaskoningDHVMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 31 Aug 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- $75,000 - $89,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Building Services Engineering
We’ve been around for more than 135 years. We drive inclusive sustainable development with our clients in areas that we master and can actively influence. Our people are keen to positively change the future and leave a legacy. Our networked organisation of smart entrepreneurs connects the best and brightest people in the world. Together we have an ambition to run a financially healthy business by putting our collective intelligence into practice with clients and partners. We are commercial savvy engineers, project managers and consultants who design smart cities, airports, ports, buildings and more. We reinvent industries; co-create clean energy and fresh water by using smart data and digitizing information flows and models. More and more, we connect the digital with the real world in an accelerating pace. Working together with our clients and partners, we use data and algorithms to translate insights into foresights. We help our clients in their digital transformation and we support our clients’ business with better and faster execution of their ambitions. We enhance society together!
Haskoning Australia delivers tailor made engineering and scientific solutions to our clients across Australia, the Pacific and South East Asia. We are experts in the river, estuarine, coastal and maritime sectors, providing consultancy advice and civil and structural design services to clients in a number of relevant sectors, including (but not limited to): ports and harbours; coastal and flood defence; water management; land reclamation; dredging and material management; planning and policy setting; and all other forms of water’s edge development (i.e. energy, recreation, military, telecommunication etc).
We are seeking a Hydraulic Flood Modeller to join our growing team in Sydney to deliver discipline specific flooding and stormwater management modelling and design engineering services. You will be part of a larger East Coast Water Management Team and working on a number of projects in Australia an in the APAC region.
- Initiate, manage and supervise Flood Resilience and Water Resources engineering assignments on projects that meet project requirements on time and within budget.
- Develop necessary local technical systems and standards, and integrate with broader Royal HaskoningDHV knowledge base.
- Consult and liaise with colleagues throughout Royal HaskoningDHV nationally and internationally in the Civil / Water Resources Engineering disciplines to share information, lessons learnt, innovative approaches to problem solving, and the like.
- Conduct appropriate investigations, studies, analyses, detailed design and documentation, and recommend actions.
- Provide technical advice to engineers from other disciplines and co-ordinate the activities of other engineers and designers.
- Provide training, guidance and mentoring to other professional staff.
- Show independence and performance in all skills and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the development of the client base within the office through the interaction with clients including strong face to face engagement.
- Identify issues and problems and develop appropriate and innovative solutions.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in the disciplines required to deliver Flood Resilience and Water Resources projects.
- Ability to travel for one or two days to Newcastle or other NSW (or interstate) destinations on a regular basis (once every week or two), and potentially internationally (occasionally) for project assignments or meetings, as needed to meet client requirements.
- Project Management of up to 1-4 projects (depending on project size) including financial management, QA/QC, Project Forecasting, invoicing and client liaison as required to provide financially viable and profitable projects.
The successful candidate will have:
- Competency in a range of Water Resources, Flood Resilience Modelling and Flood Risk Analytics Software, including WBNM, RAFTS, TUFLOW (essential), 3Di, DRAINS, MUSIC, 12D. Competency in a range of Design, GIS and mapping software tools. Competency in Programming software: MATLAB, Python.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of hydrology, flood hydraulics, flood analytics, fluvial and coastal processes and coastal oceanography.
- Essential experience in flood related projects including Flood Studies and Floodplain Risk Management Studies, Flood Impact Assessments and Climate Change Impact Assessments for NSW Councils, or other Counclls across Australia.
- Highly effective technical and practical skills in the disciplines of flood resilience (coastal and fluvial).
- Provides direction and advice on technical matters, teaches, mentors others in the team, as appropriate
- Able to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Awareness of financial and business targets
- Confident and personable
- Team Player
- Independent thinker
- Good organisational skills
Qualification and Experience:
- Civil &/ or Environmental Engineering Degree
- Minimum 3 years experience in coastal and fluvial flood risk and flood risk analytics.
- Post graduate qualifications / specialisation in civil / water resources engineering water resources, coastal processes
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?