Site Paramedic--Casual and Full-time Opportunities
Advertiser: Fire & Safety Australia2.9231 out of 52.9 overall rating (13 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Sept 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Ambulance/Paramedics
FSA Medical and Emergency Response Division are part of the well-recognised and respected Fire & Safety Australia (FSA) group. FSA is one of Australia's fastest growing providers of nationally recognised safety and emergency response training and services. Our senior management team have over 30 years' combined experience in providing 24/7 on-site medical and emergency services to the resource, infrastructure, and oil and gas sector.
You are an AHPRA registered Paramedic with at least two years' on-road experience. You are looking to build on your previous industrial experience and able to deploy from Perth for FIFO roles in remote WA.
About the Role:
This role is responsible for providing on-site emergency response, first aid and illness treatment, occupational health programs, and all facets of pre-hospital patient management.
- Man the medical clinic and provide treatment and assessments to employees and contractors
- Attend to all emergency and non-emergency patient presentations or call outs
- Keep accurate medical records of patient visits, health plans, and reviews
- Operate the ambulance as per site rules and regulations
- Undertake daily pre-start checks on all vehicles, clinic equipment, medication pouches to ensure operational readiness
- Provide ongoing medical first aid training and support to project staff
- Actively participate in ongoing continuous improvement process of onsite services
- Liaise with and/or support Injury Management Advisors as requested
- Undertake audits, risk assessments, and inspections of medical and emergency response equipment
- Current AHPRA registration
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience on-road with a state ambulance service
- Previous remote, construction, or mine-site experience highly regarded
- Current ALS1 or ALS2 qualification
- HLTPAT005 Collect Specimens for Drug Abuse Testing or current equivalent
- Valid and unrestricted Australian driver’s licence
- Certificate IV Workplace Trainer and Assessor (highly regarded)
- Ability to successfully complete a medical and skills assessment
- Effective communication skills and proficient computer skills
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with a demonstrated ability to lead medical emergency response and provide a high level of patient care.
Please submit your application via the SEEK portal including your current CV indicating your relevant qualifications and certifications.
We appreciate the time and effort put into every application, however only those candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a paramedic?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- Do you have mine site experience?