Advertiser: Cardno3.1667 out of 53.2 overall rating (102 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Sept 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
Cardno’s NSW head office is conveniently located at St Leonards train station and has magnificent views of Sydney Harbour which includes the picture perfect view of the bridge. We are a multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists and cover a broad range of projects from Buildings, Transport, Urban Design, Transport Studies, Geotechnical, Surveying, Coastal, and much more
Cardno’s Water engineering team is part of the National Water and Environmental Business Unit and work on both hydrological and hydraulic projects. Due to a strong pipeline of projects we are looking for a water engineer with a passion for drainage modelling to deliver innovative designs to a range of transport projects. Cardno are a proud tier 2 consultancy company with a range of interesting projects both small and large where you will be supported by experts and able to develop your knowledge and career.
Specifically, your duties will include:
- Transport infrastructure drainage design - servicing road, rail and airport projects
- Detailed analysis and review of hydrological and hydraulic projects
- Basin design for water quality treatment of surface and groundwater
- Providing specialist advice to team members and clients
- Building strong relationships with clients
You will be a proactive, experienced professional, with the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to technical excellence. You will use your technical knowledge and people skills to contribute to strong team results and be keen to share your technical expertise with your team.
In order to be successful for this role you will possess:
- A recognised tertiary qualification in Civil or Environmental Engineering
- Proficiency in drainage and stormwater engineering, preferably in transport projects
- Strong communication skills to support: inter-discipline relationships, client relationships, production of design reports and specialist investigative reports
- The candidate must have a proficient understanding of road authority drainage standards.
- Skills in relevant software, e.g. (12D, AutoCAD, DRAINS, TUFLOW, XPDrainage, XPStorm, XPRAFTS, RORB, QGIS, MapInfo and ArcGIS)
- Experience with flood modelling and delivery of NSW flood studies and floodplain risk management studies is desirable
If you are keen for a new challenge and ready to make a difference, we welcome your interest in our team! Send us your resume and cover letter.
Why join Cardno?
Cardno has a focus on you. You will be trusted and empowered in a role that can be tailored in a flexible way. We are a performance based organisation where you will be recognised and rewarded for your contribution.
Your professional development is as valuable to us as it is to you and it will be a priority. Cardno provides visible career paths in technical eminence, client & key account management, project management and people leadership. We offer meaningful opportunities to make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you can bring your true self to work every day. We are committed to inclusion and celebrating our diverse workforce, their individual talents and the innovation they bring to work. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, LGBTQ+, women, mature age workers and people with different abilities.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to Recruitment Agencies
Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.