civil / structural Drafter
Advertiser: HBP AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Sept 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Engineering Drafting
Civil / structural Design Drafters
HBP Australia is seeking to engage Civil / structural Design drafters with a minimum of 3 years experience, to provide 2D and 3D CAD technical services in a range of Civil and Structural built project environments. Candidates must be able to work both independently as well as in a team and also assist in the management of small teams within the office and 3rd party resources off-shore..
This is a great opportunity to join a company who truly believes in offering its employees ongoing support, flexible working and the chance to grow your career.
About the Role – Civil / structural Design Drafter
The principal task will involve the updating of 2D drawings and associated 3D models to reflect as-built information provided by the contractor and design engineers. The successful applicant will need to meticulous in their approach, and proficient in the use of the relevant software.
For Civil works: Autodesk, Civil 3D, Open roads, and 12D or all,
For Structural Works: Autocad (2D and 3D) and Autodesk REVIT (Revit is essential).
You will be required to modify and manipulate 3d models and the 2D output, based on red-line mark ups or laser scans provided by the building contractor. Therefore, experience with Point Cloud to Revit conversion would be a major benefit. The successful candidates must be well organised and quality focussed, and will be required to follow strict protocols and document control processes.
You will be part of a growing team of technical professionals, providing civil and structural engineering services to private enterprise, and government funded projects.
Skills & Experience
Relevant civil Engineering qualifications/certificates
- 3 years+ experience in civil design drafting for commercial development, urban infrastructure, and transport infrastructure projects
- 3 years+ experience in structural design drafting for commercial development projects
- AutoCAD, Revit, Civil-3D and 12D software skills, depending on discipline.
- Structural technicians must have a minimum of 3 years REVIT experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a focus toward quality, precision, and meeting task deadlines.
- Foremost, you must be able to work as part of a team
How to Apply
If you have been looking for a place of employment where you are valued for the contribution you make, this is a role you cannot ignore.
Please apply by sending your resume to the following email address.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a structural drafter?
- Which of the following CAD software do you have experience with?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have in the construction industry?