Senior Water Servicing Co-ordinator/Designer (WSC)
Advertiser: Warren Smith & Partners Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Sept 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
Warren Smith & Partners has provided industry leading design solutions throughout NSW and Australia since 1981. Our team of dedicated, experienced engineers, designers and support staff have undertaken in excess of 6,000 projects with a recognised specialisation in Hydraulic, Fire and Civil Engineering Services as well as Sydney Water Co-ordination and Project Management. We are currently working on several state significant projects including Sydney Metro, Sydney Metro West, Sydney Metro Western Sydney Airport, Barangaroo and Sydney Airport which we require assistance on.
At Warren Smith & Partners we believe in building engineering teams that are equipped to handle complex challenges on projects. We provide a working environment whereby people are able gain the necessary experience that enables them to grow in their profession.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with excellent interpersonal skills to join our growing team as a full-time Senior Water Servicing Co-ordinator/Designer (WSC) at our Sydney CBD office.
The Senior WSC works in the Civil and Water Engineering team at Warren Smith & Partners Pty Ltd. The team member will be able to work independently through substantial tasks under the overall supervision of the Director of Civil and Water Engineering and project managers.
- Civil Engineering degree /Diploma of Civil Construction or equivalent;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a WSC/Designer;
- Registered as minimum C2 designer as per the Sydney Water competency standards;
- Intermediate/advanced AutoCad capability and good understanding of Sydney Water SUDS software application;
- Good understanding and application of the WSA codes;
- Intermediate/advanced use of 3D terrain modelling software (12D or AutoCAD Civil 3D);
- Good oral and written communication skills with use of Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, word, excel, powerpoint etc)
- Be Sydney based;
Responsibilities of the Senior WSC/Designer:
- Assist with management of WSC delivery team and project management generally;
- Take on a project management and design role on medium to large infrastructure projects;
- Design and drafting of Sydney Water infrastructure including water, sewer and stormwater assets;
- Co-ordination and submission of design packages for Sydney Water approval through E-Developer;
- Assist in the financial management of projects including forecasting, invoicing and monitoring costs.
- Application of WSA codes and Sydney Water specifications in undertaking designs.
- Preparation and coordination of Building Plan Applications (in-scope & out-of-scope);
- Site supervision, as required, for the installation of water, sewer and stormwater infrastructure.
- Interrogate design solutions to ensure full compliance with codes, standards and project briefs.
- Attendance of co-ordination meetings and resolve design issues between external consultants and clients.
- Write concise project communication and technical notes;
- Communicate via e-mail, ACONEX and other web based project management platforms.
- Review design documentation mark-ups and ensure that the drafted design is accurate.
- Research appropriate proprietary solutions and ensure that manufacturer’s information that is supplied is suitable for the project.
- Attend internal project meetings to report on the progress of the design.
- Work within the project design timelines and highlight any project risks
- Review Contractor’s WAE drawings, RFIs and other requests during construction.
- Continue to further educate and attend training sessions as required.
- Manage quality control of outputs.
Personal characteristics required for the Senior WSC/Designer
- Ability to work independent and inquisitively.
- Participate in a positive team culture.
- Passion for self-development within the field of water engineering (sewer, potable water and stormwater);
- Taking initiative and having a proactive approach in solving project challenges;
- Good project management and communication skills
- Centrally located and easily accessible from all areas of Sydney.
- Positive culture within a growing team.
- Opportunity to work on state significant projects and on a wide variety of projects.
- Supportive environment where you can develop your career further through structured and on the job training.