Support Workers (Disability)
Advertiser: Magenta Community ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 13 Oct 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- $25 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Positions available in Armidale and Tamworth Now!
Magenta Community Services is an NDIS success story that started in 2013 with the mission of providing truly person-centred and flexible support services for people with disabilities. At Magenta, we take pride in being different from run-of-the-mill NDIS providers; our unique service delivery model builds participant choice and control into our ways of working.
We are currently looking for positive, adaptive and energetic Support Workers with experience in providing mental health support to work with NDIS participants within the Armidale and Tamworth region. As a support worker, you will support people living in their own homes, ensuring that they have maximum opportunity for developing valued lifestyles.
Your day to day may include:
- Providing opportunities for choice and control and participation in matters relating to the home as well as facilitating access to community services and facilities
- Provision of support as required for all household management; and activities of daily living based on Participants individual needs
- Facilitate community inclusion and participation to establish and maintain relationship and interests through access to community activities, venues and services
- Carry out and promote positive routines /duties/activities in a cooperative respectful and flexible manner, which are meaningful and purposeful to the participant
- All aspects of personal care including medication assistance, hygiene needs, manual handling
Our ideal candidates will have:
- A genuine desire and commitment to working with people with disabilities, including mental health.
- Experience in supervising Medication administration
- Previous experience working with people with mental health needs.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of our participant on a minute-to-minute basis
- Ability to problem-solve and deescalate a crisis
- Ability to understand and complete behaviour reporting documentation.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively within your team (verbal and written).
- Have plenty of availability and flexibility of work hours
Essential Requirements include:
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR
- National Criminal Record Check (less than 6 months old)
- Current Working with Children’s Check (WWCC) (or willing to obtain prior to commencing employment)
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Experience working with challenging behaviours
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Preferred but not essential;
- Manual handling training
- Certificate IV in Disability and/or Mental Health
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you!
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?