Children's Lead Soccer Coach, Gold Coast & Northern NSW
Advertiser: Little Big SportMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Sept 2020
- Gold Coast
- $25 - $29.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
About the company:
Little Big Sport runs fun junior soccer programs at kindergartens & childcare centres and schools throughout the Gold Coast, Northern NSW and Melbourne, with over 2500 weekly participants between the ages of 2-10 years old.
We are fully established on the Gold Coast & Northern Rivers, boasting to be the biggest private soccer coaching provider in the region.
Little Big Sport's mission is to provide all young children the opportunities to enjoy sport and develop a positive attitude to a healthy lifestyle in a fun, safe environment.
We are looking for someone with who enjoys sport and working with children to join our team. Hours are mostly mornings between 9am & 12pm, Mon-Fri, with the possibility of afternoon work and Saturday morning work. 5 - 20 hours are available, depending on the applicant's availability.
- Children's lead soccer coach -
An exciting opportunity exists for a Lead Coach to join our Little Big Sport team. The successful candidate will run our soccer programs for 2-5 year olds at kindergartens and childcare centres, and for 2-10 year olds at our after school & weekend venues.
This position is perfect for someone with a sporting background and experience working with children.
The successful candidate would communicate with our head office and be responsible for:
- Following our session plans and running weekly coaching programs at childcare centres and kindergartens (2-5 year olds)
- Running programs alongside other coaches for our after school & weekend programs (2-10 year olds)
- Distributing Little Big Sport merchandise to players
If you enjoy working with young children, being outdoors and have a passion for sports, we would like to hear from you!
What we offer:
Above casual award wage + super + bonus potential.
The casual roles are for 10 to 20 hours per week, depending on your daily commitment.
Driving is required, so access to a reliable vehicle is essential.
Training of our Little Big Sport programs, as well as all the equipment and uniforms are provided.
What you need:
The following criteria are essential:
• Experience working with young children
• Working with children check, or willing to obtain
• Own reliable transport
* Excellent communicator
* Ability to use initiative & work independently
The following criteria are desirable:
• Sports coaching qualification
• First Aid certificate, or willing to obtain.
Please note that you would be working with very young children so entertainment and providing enjoyment plays a very large role in this position.
This position requires dedicated individuals who can be committed to a fixed, weekly schedule.
If you think you would be a suitable person for the position, please apply with your brief cover letter outlining your previous experience working with children or within this field, and your current resume as soon as possible.
* Please note: Only serious applicants who apply with their resume, cover letter, and availability will be considered for the position.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Do you have experience working with children?