Advertiser: iVolveMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 21 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $70,000 - $74,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Developers/Programmers
We are an industrial technology company growing fast, and are looking for someone to join our embedded development team. The purpose of the role is to work on embedded applications at the core of our flagship products. This will encompass developing new features through to improving the reliability of existing functionality. With the product under continuous improvement, there's always something to do.
Our engineers participate in the whole product lifecycle including the team's software processes: requirements gathering, test-plan generation, design doc creation, design and test implementation and review, and process feedback/improvements (both internally and from customers). We are avid followers of lean development.
We are looking for someone familiar with mining technology and iVolve product to fast track getting new products to market
You are an Engineer with a strong background in Linux systems and developing robust, reliable applications. In this role, you will interface with machine systems, wireless mesh networks, remote servers, databases and user interfaces.
To be successful in this role you will need demonstrated experience being a positive part of a team building great products. You will understand the real-world balance of delivering products that meet customers' expectations. You will know and appreciate working in a small team.
Having an open mind and willingness to work directly with end-users is expected. The role relies on great communication both within the team and with our customers. We build products that solve our customers' problems so we listen, learn and value their experience.
You will be self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously but also be a strong team player. You will have strong problem solving skills and have the ability to evaluate and troubleshoot various products. Ideally you will also have the ability to work on the internationalisation of our products for current target markets, as well as assisting the support team covering those regions.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field,
- Experience in using C/C++ in an embedded environment
- Knowledge of iVolve products and how the different components communicate and interact
- Knowledge of iVolve software architecture
- Experience with iVolve development tools including Subversion and Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Strong problem solving and complex reasoning skills
- Linux development experience
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Knowledge of IP networking
- Sound understanding of embedded systems peripherals and serial communication protocols
Nice to Have
- Experience writing software with testability in mind
- Experience with writing unit tests
- Knowledge of wireless and mesh networking technology
- Electrical engineering skills
- Experience with electronic sensor technologies selection and integration.
- Electronic circuits analysis, schematics and drafting.
- Extensive experience soldering electronic components including Through-Hole and Surface Mount Technology for prototyping purposes.
- Large familiarity with Linux OS and its command line interface
- Strong Spanish language skills
iVolve is an industrial technology company delivering real-time machine intelligence, enabling our customers world-wide to make educated, quick decisions to increase productivity, reduce costs and minimize risk. We're about using our intelligence to create value for our customers. We're looking for people who are powered by passion and eager to do their best work in a highly autonomous yet collaborative, and very real environment. We are growing fast, and are looking for someone to join our embedded development team.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following programming languages are you experienced in?
- How many years' experience do you have in a software development role?
- Which of the following issue and bug tracking software do you have experience with?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.