Senior Structural Engineer - Asset Management
Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 22 Sept 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, energy and mining infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 250 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane. We are currently growing our NSW engineering team.
Why join us
You will be supported by an excellent training/development scheme and a comprehensive salary/benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate:
- Flexible working available
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements.
- Variety of Long-standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work.
- Friendly and passionate team environment.
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
About the role
We are looking for a dynamic and motivated person with a minimum 10 years’ experience to develop and lead our Asset Management work in NSW. You must be able to work independently and possess the necessary skills and experience to grow and lead a team of engineers and technicians to deliver high quality practical solutions for our diverse client base. You will be expected to undertake business development activities to secure projects and develop long term client relationships.
The successful applicant must have a Degree in Structural or Civil engineering, be a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) and have RPEQ registration. Professional qualifications in Asset Management is also required.
For this Sydney based role, we are looking for someone with:
- Strong knowledge of and experience in the implementation of ISO55001 and relevant Australian Standards
- Experience in structural analysis
- Experience in Materials Technology in construction materials
- Experience in Asset Management and maintenance plan development
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lead and work in a team environment
You will have previously worked on the delivery of asset integrity inspections and the preparation of Asset Management plans for infrastructure. You will have strong project management skills, the ability to develop and maintain long term client relationship and preferably have a track record in growing a consulting business. Experience in the transport, mining and power industries is also preferred as is working with local governments.
- Ability to mentor and support the team with technical development,
- Client focussed,
- Safety conscious,
- Strong time management skills,
- Good communication skills,
- Quality focussed,
- Need to be able to work autonomously.
Women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To continue the conversation, click 'Apply for this job' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of asset management experience do you have?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Have you completed a qualification in engineering?
- What's your expected annual base salary?