Experienced Bridge Engineer
Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
pitt&sherry is one of Australia's most dynamic consulting engineering companies. Formed in 1963, pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team of professional consultants servicing national transport, industrial, energy and mining infrastructure markets. We provide expert design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 250 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane. Due to recent increases in workload, we are actively growing our Queensland engineering team.
Why join us
You will be supported by an excellent training/development scheme and a comprehensive salary/benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate:
- Flexible working available
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements.
- Variety of Long-standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work.
- Friendly and passionate team environment.
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
- Opportunity to get in early and grow your career in line with the growth that the Brisbane office is currently experiencing
About the role
We are looking for a mid-level experienced, committed and talented Bridge Engineer, to be a key player in our bridge team based in Brisbane.
You will use and develop technical and management skills across a range of small to large projects, to undertake investigations, design and documentation, project management and technical advisory work.
Using advanced techniques and methods learned, you will assist senior professionals by carrying out tasks requiring accuracy and adherence to prescribed methods of analysis, design or computation. You will be provided with opportunities to define and update design methodologies and procedures to fulfil project needs.
You will have a demonstrated understanding of Safety in Design principles, as well as safety awareness for site visits and inspections.
The successful applicant must have a Degree in Structural or Civil engineering, and be working towards RPEQ registration and Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) recognition.
- Working knowledge of AS5100 and TMR’s Design Criteria for Bridges and other structures
- Willingness to work in the field and in the office
- Experience undertaking Level 2 and level 3 Bridge Inspections to TMR requirements
- Preparation of SMP’s to TMR requirements
- Good MIDAS/SpaceGass understanding
- Understanding of Revit/BIM would be advantageous
- Ability to work on a project from the bid phase right through design and construction stages
- Interest in entire lifecycle of bridges and other structures, from design to management and to end of life
- Client focussed,
- Team oriented,
- Safety conscious,
- Good communication skills,
- Quality focussed,
- Highly motivated,
- Need to be able to work autonomously.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To continue the conversation, click 'Apply for this job' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- What's your expected annual base salary?