Senior Highway / Roads Engineer
Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 23 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Civil/Structural Engineering
pitt&sherry is a specialist engineering & environmental consultancy that has been providing professional services in Australia since 1963. pitt&sherry has grown into a multi-discipline team servicing national transport, industrial, energy and mining infrastructure markets. We provide professional design, analysis, modelling, planning and other consultancy services to a range of clients locally and interstate. We employ over 250 staff with offices in Launceston, Hobart, Devonport, Melbourne, Sydney, Newcastle and Brisbane. We are currently growing our Queensland engineering team.
Why join us
You will be supported by an excellent training/development scheme and a comprehensive salary/benefits package will be negotiated commensurate with experience to attract the right candidate:
- Flexible working available
- Project variety in terms of size, cost and technical requirements.
- Variety of long-standing client relationships with a steady inflow of project work.
- Friendly and passionate team environment.
- Experienced team members to offer on the job training and support
About the role
We are looking for a Associate/Specialist Highway/Roads Engineer, to be a key player in building our Roads team based in Brisbane.
You will use and develop technical and management skills across a range of small to large projects, to undertake investigations, design and documentation, project management and technical advisory work.
You will assist other professionals through mentoring and support in the delivery of tasks requiring accuracy and adherence to prescribed methods of analysis, design or computation and professional draws.
The successful applicant must have a Degree in Structural or Civil engineering, be a Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) and have RPEQ registration.
- Experience in undertaking road and intersection design to TMR requirements
- Experience in overseeing document production to TMR standards
- Experience in managing multi-disciplinary road design teams, including subconsultants
- Ability to manage Clients to develop relationships and win work
- Experience in putting together bids and tenders
- Opportunity exists to help build a team and grow the group
- Client focussed,
- Team oriented,
- Safety conscious,
- Good communication skills,
- Quality focussed,
- Highly motivated,
- Need to be able to work autonomously.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
How to apply
To continue the conversation, click 'Apply for this job' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Which of the following types of infrastructure project do you have experience with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?