Graduate Surveyor - FIFO Roma based role
Advertiser: Fyfe3.2813 out of 53.3 overall rating (64 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
Fyfe is an Australian professional project services firm delivering value through integrated engineering, environment, planning and survey. We employ the best people to deliver high value projects that build our client prosperity in the defence, energy, resources, property and infrastructure sectors.
About the Role
Our Roma office is looking to appoint a Graduate or near Graduate Surveyor to join our experienced Queensland Survey Team.
As part of the team, you will assist to carry out surveys on a wide range of construction, infrastructure, cadastral and oil and gas projects across the region.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work both autonomously and in a team environment as required. With the intent to gain further knowledge of surveying in Queensland, you will have the ability to contribute to the technical capability of the team through gaining and utilising skills and experience, whilst developing your career in Surveying.
Skills & Experience
You will be required to undertake a large variety of field survey tasks including, maintaining quality survey control, completing as built reports and liaising with a range of clients. Some experience preferred, however we will strongly consider degree or near degree qualified candidates.
Personal requirements for this role are to include:
- Tertiary qualifications in surveying (preferred)
- Registration as a Graduate with the Surveyors Board of Queensland (preferred)
- Knowledge of Surveying software programs such as TBC, Terramodel, 12D, Microsoft Office and or other similar programs.
- Experience in using a variety of survey equipment including UAV/Drones, 3D Laser Scanners, Trimble GNSS equipment & RTS (preferred)
- Solid team player
- Well developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with colleagues and other stakeholders
- High commitment to workplace health and safety
- Sound understanding of appropriate Australian standards and legislation
Fyfe values our clients and our people and has a culture built on respect, integrity and the delivery of value. This is achieved through a combination of flexible and contemporary working conditions supported by an inclusive management style which sees all levels of management being accessible through an open-door policy applicable to everyone. Fyfe have also engaged various corporate entities to offer benefits to staff, have a social club and encourage an innovative and pro-active approach to projects. With 14 offices nationally, staff are encouraged to tap into the wealth of knowledge that we have, welcoming information sharing and troubleshooting among colleagues.
- Advance your career as a Graduate Surveyor under the framework of our successful national consultancy
- Opportunity to work towards Registration with assisted mentoring
- Utilise a range of modern survey equipment
- Competitive Salary
- Remote area rental or relocation assistance for candidate willing to live in Roma
- Attractive 2 week on 2 week off roster
- Support and contribute to the candidates continued Professional Development
How to apply
If you believe you meet the above criteria and would like to join our Surveying team, click on the APPLY FOR THIS JOB button to submit your application.
We are looking for people who can start as soon as possible, so please submit your resume ASAP. Follow us on LinkedIn to keep up to date with our news and projects.
Please note, agency applications will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you hold a Construction Induction Safety certificate (White Card)?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.