Christian Studies and Studies of Religion Teacher
Advertiser: Northern Beaches Christian School5 out of 55.0 overall rating (1 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sept 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
We aim to develop each student's love of learning, love of others and love of God. In this way, students become people of heartfelt service, intellect, leadership and integrity. Our goal is to grow students' critical thinking and personal capacity, equipping them with the skills necessary to be successful, productive and responsible global citizens.
Owing to additional classes on the timetable for 2021, a position has opened up for a Secondary Christian Studies/Studies of Religion Teacher to start next year. We invite applications from experienced, relational and collaborative teachers, who are passionate about their subject, inspiring students' learning to increase their understanding of our world. Commencing Term 1, 2021.
To be considered you must have:
- a willingness and ability to work across year groups, from 7- 12
- demonstrated effective and creative teaching
- strategies to cater for a variety of learners and needs
- a desire to work as an integral part of the faculty and wider school team
- flexibility to respond to a dynamic learning environment
- a relational approach to colleagues, students and parents
- effective organisation and the capacity to fulfil administrative and assessment requirements of a teaching role
- excellent communication skills
- (ideally) completed bible college in addition to your teaching degree
- NESA accreditation
- A personal and active Christian faith with current church involvement
- A Working With Children Check approval number
Applications close Monday 12 October 2020 at 9:00am
How to apply…
Please complete the answers to the questions on Seek and upload your resume with a cover letter indicating your suitability.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a teacher?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Briefly indicate why you have applied for this role.
- As it is a requirement for employment in our school's Christian faith culture, please give a brief testimony of your personal commitment to Jesus, and describe your current fellowship activity.