Compliance Officer - RTO
Advertiser: Gallang Place Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Vocational
Gallang Place is a not-for-profit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community based organisation, operating Gallang Education and Training RTO #40564.
By delivering nationally accredited professional training programs for counsellors, we are fulfilling our vision of supporting healthy social and emotional well-being in every Indigenous community, for stronger families and for future generations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a highly motivated and qualified Compliance Officer to join our team.
The Compliance Officer will work closely with the Executive Officer Training and the RTO team to develop and implement effective strategies to ensure compliance against standards and regulations, and enhance the Quality Management practices in all areas of the RTO.
The Compliance Officer will ensure the RTO processes and training materials are compliant in accordance with ASQA’s regulations and to the Standards for RTOs 2015.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Perform and conduct internal audits to identify non-compliant areas of RTO operations and manage any risks
- Develop and maintain continuous improvement plans, schedules, quality control and version control of documents relating to RTO compliance
- Update policies and procedures and make sure they meet current ASQA’s regulations
- Assist with resource development for the courses to make sure resources are compliant, up to date and align with training.gov.au
- Advise staff on compliance issues and actively minimise compliance risk
- Schedule and conduct assessment validation sessions
- Highly organised with a professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to provide strong support to the RTO team to make sure we meet compliance deadlines
- Have knowledge of and experience with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, communities and ways
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Work effectively as a member of the RTO team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Min 5 years’ experience working in Administration and Compliance roles within the VET sector
- Working knowledge of ASQA’s Standards for RTO’s 2015
- Experience with ASQA Audits
- Experience in managing, administering and reporting on Govt Funding Agreements
- Understand mapping, validation and moderation
- Experience in and understanding of Student Management Systems (SMS) and how they operate.
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (including the LLN unit of competency)
- Diploma of Quality Auditing (desirable)
- Demonstrated knowledge of the VET Quality Framework
- An active approach to managing compliance and minimising risk
- Effective interpersonal relationships, communicating with Manager and team.
- Attention to detail
- Must hold a current Qld driver’s licence
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume, and one page about yourself and your interest in working with us on Seek by 5pm, Friday 30th October 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend the interview process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a compliance officer?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?
- How many years of auditing experience do you have?