Trainer/Assessor (Identified) Mental Health and Counselling
Advertiser: Gallang Place Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 25 Sept 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $35 - $44.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Vocational
Gallang Place is a not-for-profit Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Community based organisation, operating Gallang Education and Training RTO#40564.
By delivering nationally accredited professional training programs for counsellors, we are fulfilling our vision of supporting healthy social and emotional well-being in every Indigenous community, for stronger families and for future generations.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for a qualified Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander casual Trainer to both Train and Assess our Community Services qualifications to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people including but not limited to:
- CHC43315 Cert IV in Mental Health
- CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling
This is an identified position to be filled by an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander as permitted by and arguable under sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Queensland Anti-Discrimination Act (1991).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Train and Assess students (in flexible formats including face to face, online via zoom and distant learning)
- Manage student Assessments and collate all required documents
- Mark student work and provide feedback in a timely manner
- Upload assessment results into the Student management system (SMS) in a timely manner.
- Liaise with students, employers and other staff members
- Prepare training materials to assure currency and compliance
- Provide regular progress feedback to Executive Officer Training
- Organise and provide RPL’s or CT’s to students as requested
- Ensure safety and comfort of student learning environment at all times
- Set up classrooms, equipment and training materials before classes (including online classes)
- Ensure all equipment and training materials are returned and signed back into the office at the end of each block training.
- Highly organised with a professional manner
- Reliable and punctual
- Able to deliver quality training and meet deadlines
- Able to relate and identify with the Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander communities
- A high level of care and service for the student’s development and achievements
- Work effectively as a member of the RTO team
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Min 5 years’ experience training with a registered training Organisation (RTO) in Mental Health or Counselling area.
- Have excellent knowledge of Student Management Systems (SMS) and how they operate.
- Have experience Training and Assessing Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander tertiary/ adult students.
- Understanding of Trauma-Informed healing practices will be highly regarded.
- Proven knowledge of the 2015 RTO Standards and VET Training
- Minimum of TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (including the LLN unit of competency)
- Formal Mental Health and Counselling qualifications (Diploma and/ or Bachelor Degree)
- Vocational competencies at least to the level being delivered and assessed
- Current Industry skills directly relevant to the training and assessment being provided
- Current knowledge and skills in vocational training and learning that informs your training and assessment.
- Must hold a current Qld driver’s licence
- Must be willing and able to travel (for when courses are delivered regionally)
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your resume, and one page about you and your interest in working with us via Seek by the 5pm Friday 30th October 2020. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted to attend the interview process.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment?
- Do you have experience working for a registered training organisation (RTO)?