Advertiser: Niche Environment and HeritageMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 28 Sept 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Science & Technology, Environmental, Earth & Geosciences
We are seeking a motivated Senior Ecology Consultant to join our team, ideally someone with 7 or more experience in the consulting industry managing a diverse project portfolio. This position is ordinarily based in Parramatta or discuss being work from home based with us (flexible work arrangements are currently in place with covid-19).
Qualifications and experience you’ve earned:
- A degree in Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany or another relevant discipline.
- Practical experience of 7+ years undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
Skills and knowledge, you’ll bring to our projects:
- An existing BAM accreditation is an advantage.
- Alternatively, the desire and capacity to become BAM accredited based on your existing experience will also be an advantage.
- Extensive experience undertaking ecological survey in the vegetation communities of NSW.
- Experience in preparing ecological reports such as BSSAR’s, BDAR’s and experience with TFD calculations, ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies.
Great conditions and salary on offer:
- Senior support is available to ensure you can grow in your role with us.
- Anniversary awards scheme.
- Generous employee referral program.
- Professional learning and development.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Mentoring program.
- Annual employee retreat.
- Community fundraising events and a vibrant culture.
- An attractive salary and allowances will be offered in line with your level of experience.
You’ll be prepared to:
- Travel where the work is.
- Work in a and with a long established and highly supportive ecology team.
- Collaborate closely with senior employees and directors.
- Mentor and support others to develop professionally.
- Have fun while delivering complex, challenging and large projects.
Niche Environment and Heritage is a leading multidisciplinary consultancy specialising in ecology and biodiversity, heritage management, environmental management and approvals and environmental offsetting. Established in 2009, Niche has successfully delivered more than 2000 projects to clients across Australia. Our 60+ strong team includes ecologists, botanists, archaeologists and environmental scientists.
Niche is a vibrant, flexible and well organised business that prides itself in caring for and supporting our staff. We have an excellent safety culture and trust our staff to make the right decisions to deliver projects from end to end. Our diverse and cross-discipline capacity provides the opportunity to work on a multitude of interesting projects across eastern Australia.
How to apply:
A detailed position description is available at https://niche-eh.com/careers/
If you are interested in this fantastic career opportunity, please submit your application including a resume and cover letter addressing the key requirements via the apply button by close of business 26th October 2020. Our recruitment process includes behavioural and medical testing.
All applications will be treated with the strictest of confidence. Niche is an Equal Opportunity Employer, where diversity is embraced, and we encourage qualified candidates of all differences to apply. You must have the right to work in Australia to be considered for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?