Site Leader - Day Services
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 29 Sept 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We currently have an exciting opportunity in our Day Services division for a full time Site Leader, currently leading our site in Dandenong that provides support to clients with complex behaviours and high intensity support needs.
Reporting to the Operations Manager - Community, you’ll be leading a team of dedicated Support Coaches within an empowered team model to achieve great outcomes for our clients.
You’ll need to be a really innovative and proactive leader who is able to empower their team, thrive in a busy, fast paced environment, have fantastic interpersonal skills and love collaborating with other divisions to create exceptional client experiences.
To be considered for this role, you must have excellent administration and computer skills and the ability to work both autonomously as well as collaboratively with management and other Wallara divisions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience managing and leading teams
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and demonstrated knowledge within the disability sector supporting clients with complex behaviours and high intensity support needs
- Previous experience in implementing positive behaviour support strategies and person centred active support principles
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in effectively implementing communication strategies for clients who use alternatives to speech
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Excellent written communication skills and computer literacy
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by COB 19 October 2020. Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact Naomi email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.