Maintenance Officer - Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Identified
Advertiser: Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical CentreMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
Biripi Aboriginal Corporation Medical Centre (Biripi ACMC) is a community controlled health service which provides a wide range of culturally appropriate health and well-being services covering communities across the Mid-Northern NSW Region. These include; Clinical, Maternal Health, Aged and Community Care, Community Health and Dental Health Services from Clinics and Facilities around Taree and Statutory Out of Home Care (OOHC) through Biripi Aboriginal Children Services (BACS) in Taree and Walanbaa Gaayili in Inverell.
About the Role:
This position is Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Identified.
Biripi ACMC has an opportunity for a Maintenance Officer to join our Corporate Team and to be responsible for the coordination of assets, facilities and maintenance activities for the maintenance and improvement of Biripi ACMC buildings (including but not limited to Corporate, Programs, Purfleet Clinic, Town Clinic, Aged Care and Children Services).
The key objectives of the role are:
- Assist in the day to day coordination of the maintenance of the organisation's assets, facilities and site maintenance.
- Collaborative work with all divisions to ensure that maintenance activities are competed in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintain all Biripi grounds and buildings to a safe and professional standard.
Skills and Experience
If you have:
- Demonstrated experience in planning and organising with limited supervision
- Competency in general maintenance work
- Experience identifying WHS hazards in a workplace environment
- Ability to identify problems and recommend practical maintenance solutions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to exercise tact, initiative and sound judgement
- Good communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with all levels of the organisation and the community
- Computer literacy including knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to hold all relevant security clearances including the National Police Check and Working with Children Clearance
- Current valid Driver's Licence, minimum of Class 'C' or equivalent
We would love to hear from you.
How to Apply!
Please apply via seek with a current resume and a cover letter (Cover Letter and Resume will need to be in one document) Only Seek applications will be considered.
If further information is required regarding the role, contact the HR Department on 02 6591 2418 or firstname.lastname@example.org where this will be forwarded to the relevant manager who will be in contact with you.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 18 October 2020.
Please Note: This is a designated Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander position under section 14D of the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act 1977. Proof or Confirmation of Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander heritage will be required from the successful applicant.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.