Solicitor - Family Law
Advertiser: MidlasMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- $40 - $49.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Legal, Family Law
About the business
Midlas is a non-for-profit community organisation based in Midland promoting resilience in our community through support, advocacy and education. Our services include Financial Counselling, Tenancy Advocacy, Disability Advocacy, NDIS Appeals, Family Law Service, Disability Discrimination Law service and Emergency Relief.
About the role
This is a part time role, working with a multidisciplinary team in a busy Community legal Centre.
- Provide family law services to vulnerable community members
- Provide advice on Family Law matters, including Property issues, Children's issues, and Divorce
- Implementation of new Family Law service delivery project
More information, including Job Description is on our website http://www.midlas.org.au/work-with-us/
Benefits and perks
- Flexible work hours
- Negotiable days and times
- Salary Packaging
- Birthday leave
- Christmas shut down
- Amazing team
Skills and experience
Essential Selection Criteria
- Experienced Lawyer with a current Unrestricted Practising Certificate and at least 2 years' post-admission experience
- Understanding of and current expertise in relevant areas of law and practice
- Strong organisational and time management skills, including ability to manage competing demands, prioritise tasks and solve problems
- Self-motivated and managing, able to work independently and proactively
- Ability to identify broader and systemic issues arising from casework and to propose relevant responses, and
- Demonstrated commitment to social justice, understanding of the community legal sector, and of the objectives and values of Midlas
- How many years' experience do you have as a solicitor?
- How many years' experience do you have in family law?
- Do you hold a current Australian legal practising certificate?