System Operations and Hardware Specialist
Advertiser: Next PaymentsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About the business
Next Payments is a fast-growing payments company, providing innovative and game changing cash management and software solutions to external clients. With this growth, we are looking for candidates who share our vision as a quality support provider, who are passionate about their work, and who demonstrate commitment to positive service outcomes for our customers from the moment they join our team.
At Next we are all firm believers that work should be fun and challenging. If you are looking for a role that will offer true career progression and learning opportunities working in a team of highly engaged and energetic people, keep reading! This is an amazing opportunity.
About the role
The System Operations Specialist is responsible for providing second level troubleshooting over the phone and email and on-site to our customers. They are tasked with managing the escalation support experience and their behaviour must reflect our culture of exceptional customer service at Next.
We are looking for an absolute wizard to join our team - someone who is friendly, clever, loves a challenge and is looking to gain new skills in the future. This role is a new position to aid in the rapid growth of our company, working with the rest of our Support and Developments teams in our facilities in Cheltenham, Victoria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Take responsibility for delegated projects and tasks, including information flow to and from the customer and System Operations Leader
- Performance and quality assessment and reporting of areas of functional responsibility including meeting Service Level Agreements and mandated or agreed targets
- Remote and on-device support including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, configuring systems and applications, and providing customer support via phone and email
- Apply diagnostic skills to manage escalated inbound customer support enquiries in a Remote Desktop environment
- Management and resolution of assigned support cases in a courteous and timely manner, following up with customers/colleagues to ensure support issues are adequately resolved
- Analyse operational issues and provide solution in a procedure format creating formal training material
- Maintain technical knowledge gained through workshops and communicate knowledge through formal & informal training to Helpdesk and Warehouse staff and technicians
Skills and Experience
It is preferable that the successful candidate will have a minimum of two years' experience in a similar role and must be able to demonstrate strong accountability and attention to detail. A commitment to keeping skills up to date is essential.
You will need to possess excellent communication skills, be responsive and attuned to the needs of our customers and conduct yourself in a professional manner.
To successfully undertake the role, applicants should have an understanding of business technology and be able to demonstrate and maintain a high level of competency with:
- Machine maintenance & assembly (Required)
- Software set-up and support (Required)
- Router/network configuration (Required)
- Demonstrate the ability to access software updates, navigation of applicable knowledge-based tools, and general troubleshooting research via internet to aid in resolution of challenging issues (Required)
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate the ability to make decisions whilst multitasking between numerous situations and priorities (Required)
- Demonstrate a commitment to learning about software and hardware appropriate to the role in order to benefit the business and its customers (Required)
- Information security and sensitive data protection and procedures
- Be a self-starter and demonstrate the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a small team
- Be passionate about delivering positive outcomes for customers, demonstrating an ability to build effective relationships with customers over the phone and in person
- Ability to work and communicate with people from a broad range of backgrounds and varying levels of technical ability
- Keep calm under pressure whilst providing high quality work in a fast paced environment
- The ability to own customer requests & internal cases and follow-up until completion
- Display a willingness to innovate and streamline internal processes or seek new projects when time allows
- Display a desire for career progression with a willingness to undergo further training in and out of hours as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be professionally presented
The role is full time and based in Cheltenham with onsite work at customer premises also required. Rostered after hours and travel to sites required to enable tasks to be completed and address customer's needs.
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to work with some of the industry's most long standing and respected people, associations and organisations. The role will provide you with invaluable experience, whilst working in a supportive, safe and friendly workplace culture.
If this role sounds perfect for you, please send us your resume and a short cover letter – We would love to hear from you personally and understand why this particular role and company is of interest!
Only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. Thank you in advance for your applications.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?