Disability Support Worker - Employment
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
About the role
We currently have an exciting new opportunity in our Logistics Division for a full time (Mon - Fri, 8am to 4pm) Support Coach - Employment!
You will be working with individual supported employees in a 1:4 ratio to help them achieve their goals within an employment setting.
Key to this role will be finding innovative ways to build independence in work activities and create learning opportunities to enable meaningful contribution in the workplace.
What you'll need to succeed
- No disability experience required, however experience and demonstrated knowledge within the disability sector are desirable
- Previous experience in an ADE or warehouse setting would be a bonus!
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Excellent administration, written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation – make sure the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans is desirable
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
How to apply
If you’re proactive, innovative, have a calm and flexible approach and are up for a new challenge, please apply through SEEK by EOD 30 October 2020. Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact Melanie firstname.lastname@example.org
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.