Sales and Operations Manager
Advertiser: Northern CemeteriesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Sydney, North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Sales, Management
Title: Sales & Operations Manager
Location: Sydney (Frenchs Forest)
Our Mission, Vision and Company Values
We are a not-for-profit organisation with four sites located on Crown land in the northern suburbs of Sydney, and a further site at Sandgate in the Newcastle region. We are passionate about providing excellence in customer service and customer experiences, committed to the communities we serve.
Our Team at Northern Cemeteries understand, honour and respect the people we help every day. We recognise the importance of our work and we are committed to those who rely on us.
At Northern Cemeteries we believe everyone in the community has the right to access respectful, dignified services and memorialisation.
As the Sales and Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the full site management of family, supplier and community relationships and grounds and burial operations at our Frenchs Forest Bushland Cemetery (FFBC).
Working in consultation with Northern Cemeteries' Head Office team, as the Sales and Operations Manager for FFBC you will:
- Support, coach and direct our family consultant/customer care team to support families in need, identifying memorialisation services available to them at FFBC.
- Support coach and direct our family consultant / customer care team to address customer queries, funeral director bookings and legislative correspondence necessary for FFBC to deliver excellence in customer service and meet all cemetery governance requirements.
- Monitor and administer operational expenditure against budgets and sales activity against goals.
- Contribute to strategic and operational plans to support FFBC's growth.
- Champion industry-specific, legal, and regulatory compliance ensuring adherence within all FFBC processes.
- Engage with funeral directors and community stakeholders to promote FFBC offerings and services.
- Monitor external contractors visiting site and ensure Work, Health and Safety practices are adhered to.
- Support coach and direct our burial and grounds team through their supervisor, supporting excellence in grounds care, burial services and work health and safety adherence.
- Identify and implement staff rosters, staff development and training and promote a culture of collaborative performance excellence.
- Drive and facilitate the Northern Cemeteries workplace vision, mission, and culture within the entire FFBC team.
About You and required Qualifications – Selection Criteria
For this role you will have the following qualities:
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or a related field is desirable.
- Proven experience in a management of people to deliver performance outcomes
- Strong experience in a operational processes implementation and productivity improvement
- Sales experience and / or customer relationship management experience
- Strong understanding of financial management for budgeting & forecasting purposes.
- Experience in work health and safety in an operations environment is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to undergo and pass the following checks: pre-employment medical, police check, education, and Financial (bankruptcy and insolvency) check
When you Join our organisation, you will have access to the following Employee Benefits
- Work/life Balance
- Collaborative and supportive working environment
- Salary Sacrifice Superannuation
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
Please note – only candidates that fit the profile described above will be contacted.
To apply, submit your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and addressing the Selection Criteria via the APPLY NOW button below.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?