Advertiser: Ted Noffs Foundation3.3077 out of 53.3 overall rating (13 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Trades & Services, Maintenance & Handyperson Services
"Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australians become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians"
Type: Part Time (3 days a week)
Remuneration: SCHADS Award 2010 Level 2 ($27.82 per hour) + full salary packaging options available
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential.
The role is critical to providing a safe and welcoming environment for residents, volunteers, and employees of the Foundation. This is a part time position working across our services and Op Shops in Randwick, the Inner West and Sydney City. On occasion, the successful candidate will also perform duties in the Western Suburbs.
The role actively supports the identification and actioning of preventative and corrective maintenance items and property service at our facilities.
Duties of the role include:
- Undertaking minor property works and repairs in a timely and cost effective manner
- Undertaking preventative maintenance according to schedule
- Ensuring compliance with work, health and safety legislation and standards
- Working with the store person in emptying clothing donation bins and transporting donations to our Op Shop network
- Liaising with other tradesmen as required
- Minimum two years of relevant experience
- A friendly demeanour and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with hardware tools and power equipment
- Detail-oriented with an aptitude for problem-solving
- A valid NSW driving licence and prepared to use own vehicle for travel
- Must hold and maintain a cleared NSW Working With Children Check
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Mature Aged Persons, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK (Resume and Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria). Applications must be received by 11 October 2020.
For further information, contact us at email@example.com. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a maintenance officer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.