Disability Support Workers - Residential
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We currently have two fantastic opportunities in our Live (residential) division for part-time (approximately 60 hours per fortnight) Support Coaches, currently based in Pakenham.
You will be joining a dynamic, self empowered team, passionate about supporting people with disabilities to live the way they choose.
If you’re proactive, reliable, have a calm and flexible approach and are up for a new challenge, we want to hear from you!
Please note, the roles in our live division include mornings, afternoons, weekends, nights (sleep over shifts) and public holidays - you must be available to work these shifts to be considered for this role.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong knowledge and experience working within the disability sector and supporting clients with complex behaviours and high intensity support needs
- A passion for supporting people with disabilities to achieve the best they can – bring your special talents to their experience!
- Excellent communication skills; ability to prevent and resolve issues and to build and maintain positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Effective written communication skills and computer literacy in order to complete appropriate documentation
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Experience in delivering on individualised plans
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to think laterally
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Certificate IV in Disability is highly desirable
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- Certificate in First Aid Level 2 + CPR
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by EOD 18 October 2020. Please note applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to work on a rotating roster?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.