Commercial Maintenance Plumber & Gas Fitter
Advertiser: Gold Medal ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 30 Sept 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Plumbers
About the business
Gold Medal Services is an established Darwin business that has been in operation for 24 years. The company specialises in commercial plumbing maintenance.
GMS has a position available for commercial maintenance plumbers and gas fitters in our growing team. Third and fourth year apprentices who are seeking experience in the maintenance sector are also encouraged to apply.
GMS is committed to excellence, empowering our team, integrity and having staff who are productive because they are skilled at what they do and have the right tools to do their job.
Our client base boasts clients from Darwin's key sectors including Defence, oil and gas and education.
About the role
The position is for Northern Territory licensed plumbers only.
The business conducts work across a number of restricted sites in the Darwin area and requires plumbers with the ability to work independently and problem solve a range of simple to complex hydraulic problems, all to a high standard of workmanship.
Safety is a critical part of the role and the successful applicant must be able to correctly complete the required safety documentation.
Women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are strongly encouraged to apply.
Must be willing and able to undertake drug and alcohol testing.
Benefits and perks
Guarantee of minimum 38 hours per work. Work vehicle supplied.
Work in a supportive team environment.
Opportunity to embrace excellence and strive for personal and professional development with one of the Territory's best small businesses (2019 NT Training Awards - Runner Up Employer of the Year).
Gold Medal Services employs all staff under a workplace agreement. Staff are guaranteed a minimum of 38 hours payment per week. We pay overtime and an on call allowance when our plumbers are scheduled for after hours callouts. Superannuation guarantee is paid monthly.
Skills and experience
current NT plumbers' licence essential (Journeyman or Advanced Tradesman)
current NT gas license
- backflow and thermostatic mixing valve endorsements highly desirable
- current NT driver's licence, HR license desirable
- White Card
- must be able to undertake high level security clearance
- must have own hand tools including benders, small power tools and flaring tool.
- high risk licences in confined space entry, elevated work platform and excavation an advantage
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a plumber?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you willing to undergo pre-employment drug and alcohol screening?