Team Leader - Allied Health
Advertiser: Better RehabMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 1 Oct 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Physiotherapy, OT & Rehabilitation
Role: Clinical / Allied Health Team Leader
Employment type: Full Time
Term: Permanent & Ongoing
Location: Brisbane North
Salary: $85,000 - $100,000 + Superannuation
Who We Are:
At Better Rehab, we are people people. Our team of Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Speech Pathologists and Positive Behaviour Support Practitioners are committed to supporting people of all ages living with disability or neurological disorders.
Since our establishment in 2016, our caring team have been applying evidence-based practice to change the lives of thousands of people. We are now recognised as a premium NDIS provider across Queensland, Victoria, New South Wales and Western Australia.
Our North Brisbane office is looking for a passionate Team Leader, from an EP, OT, SLP or PT background to support the growing team. Our QLD team are a social bunch, and the team in our North Brisbane office enjoy celebrating anything food related! They are supported by their Regional Manager, Chris, who is a Senior Exercise Physiologist by background.
Our values are at the core of what we do. When you join our team, you will see that your colleagues embody our values of:
- We Get Sh*t Done!
Our participants and colleagues rely on us. We don’t waste time and work hard to help participants achieve goals they never thought possible.
- We are People People
We are proud to be an organisation free from politics and bureaucracy, and genuinely care about our interactions with one another and our participants. We take pride in treating each client based on their individual needs.
- Love What You Do
We believe that when our people love what they're doing, the best outcomes are achieved. We employ people who are genuinely passionate about their profession.
- Frankly, we Give a Damn
Working at Better Rehab is a career, not a job. We are committed to providing you with the opportunity to make a difference to those in need.
Your New Role:
This is a unique opportunity to take the next step in your clinical career by managing a team of high-performing clinicians who deliver assessment and therapeutic interventions to a variety of people presenting with neurological disorders and disability conditions.
The role will also allow you to manage your own small caseload, working with clients and their families and caregivers, many of whom have NDIS funding, both in the community setting and our clinic spaces.
At Better Rehab, no two days are the same, though some typical responsibilities that our Team Leaders have include:
- Managing and operationally supervising branch clinicians and other professional staff through fortnightly team meetings and weekly one-on-one sessions
- Managing leave requests, complaints and incidents, as well as responding to queries from your team on structural processes
- Communicating key information pertaining to Better Rehab as requested by Senior Management
- Providing clinical supervision to direct reports from the same allied health field through joint visits, report reviews and answering general clinical questions
- Directing correspondence and liaising with internal and external stakeholders including Support Coordinators and Local Area Coordinators to seek feedback on team members
- Liaising directly with Senior Leadership and other Team Leaders nationally
- Managing your own, reduced caseload across a number of specialist areas in your specific allied health field
- Engaging in on-the-job and offsite management training. Better Rehab coordinates an annual Team Leader retreat which is attended by all of our Team Leaders and Executive Leadership Team. This years’ retreat was hosted in Port Douglas across 3 days, comprising small group workshops, presentations from leadership and team bonding events such as snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef and a team dinner in the Daintree Rainforest!
When You Join Us:
We have a dynamic and engaged workforce, and we understand the importance of structured and supportive onboarding and ongoing assistance which is why our Team Leaders are fundamental within our organisation. Our Internal Leadership Team is also made up of clinicians from all disciplines to ensure that you are also being provided the best possible support.
When you join Better Rehab, you will be part of a small cohort of likeminded people to share your new starter experience. The reason we keep our new starter intakes small is to guarantee that YOU are provided with dedicated and tailored support, and not just treated like another number. Joining as a Senior Member of our Team, you will be provided with:
- Direct access to our Executive Leadership Team, providing you with any senior support you may require
- Weekly check-ins with the Regional State Manager for your area to ensure the best outcomes are being achieved for your team
- A supportive MDT in an office resourced with everything you need! We know that the NDIS can be complex, and we believe these complexities are best managed with a team approach
- An iPhone and laptop to support flexible working and work/life balance
We Value You:
Without you, there is no us. In order to provide the best support possible to our clients, we need to empower our team by providing workplace autonomy, flexibility, structured training and development initiatives, as well as strong opportunities for career progression. YOU, as our newest team member, will have your developmental pathway clearly defined upon your commencement and throughout your journey with us. As a Team Leader, you will also be instrumental in providing this support to your team.
Better Rehab Policies that support YOU include:
- 4 days' study leave each year as well as company financial support to attend external courses and events in areas that you are passionate about
- Paid parental leave and flexible working options so that you can balance your personal and professional life
- Interstate relocation opportunities across our 4 Australian states
- An invitation to our annual Team Leader Retreat where we provide training and upskilling on a number of modules formulated by our Leadership Team
- Passionate leave - long term unpaid leave so you can travel, take a career break, or purse projects you are passionate about with the security of knowing that your job and Better Rehab community will be waiting for you when you return
- Access to external professional services for mental & emotional wellbeing through EAP, our confidential counselling support service
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Regular team bonding and celebrations of each other's life events
What we are Looking For:
We recruit on the philosophy of once a Better Rehabber, always a Better Rehabber. This means we have a strong focus on personality, cultural fit and long-term career potential. After all, we are a movement, and this is a career, not just a job. If you meet the below criteria, and are ready for your next challenge, we would love to speak with you:
- You are driven, autonomous and passionate about pursuing your life and career goals
- You are comfortable working in a high-growth business
- You approach your work with flexibility and are highly adaptable
- You are a people person and willing to take the next step in your clinical career
- You have relevant tertiary qualifications in Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology, Exercise Physiology OR Physiotherapy and 2+ years’ relevant experience
- You have your own car and a valid drivers’ licence
- You can provide evidence of:
- Relevant Board registration (AHPRA/SPA/ESSA)
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
How to Apply:
If you think this opportunity might be for you, click ‘Apply Now’ with your covering letter and CV. To learn more about Better Rehab, please visit our website: https://betterrehab.com.au/.
If you have further questions, please email MyFuture@BetterRehab.com.au. To have a confidential conversation about your career, call Grace on (07) 3053 5451.
Recruiters - We appreciate your willingness to assist but we've got this!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?