Disability Support Worker - Complex Care
Advertiser: Magenta Community ServicesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 2 Oct 2020
- Gladstone & Central QLD
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Magenta Community Services is an NDIS success story that started in 2013 with the mission of providing truly person-centred and flexible support services for people with disabilities. At Magenta, we take pride in being different from run-of-the-mill NDIS providers; our unique service delivery model builds participant choice and control into our ways of working.
We are currently looking for positive, adaptive and energetic Disability Support Workers with complex care experience to work with NDIS participants that have complex needs, including mental health and behaviours of concern.
We are building a dedicated and engaged team to provide 24hr active support. On a day-to-day basis, as part of this role you will be:
- Providing support in day-to-day living, ensuring that they have maximum opportunity for developing valued and valuing lifestyles.
- Providing opportunities for choice and control and participation in matters relating to the home, as well as facilitating access to community services and facilities
- Carrying out and promoting positive routines /duties/activities in a cooperative respectful and flexible manner, which are meaningful and purposeful to the participant
- Facilitating community inclusion and participation to establish and maintain relationships and interests
Our ideal candidates will have:
- A genuine desire and commitment to working with people with disabilities.
- Considerable experience working with people with complex support needs, behaviours that challenge and mental health needs.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of our participant on a minute-to-minute basis
- Ability to problem-solve and deescalate a crisis
- Ability to understand and complete behaviour reporting documentation.
- The ability to manage behaviours of concern within the requirements of a positive behaviour support plan.
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively within your team (verbal and written).
Essential Requirements include:
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR
- Blue Card and Yellow Card (Current or willing to obtain prior to commencing employment)
- Current Australian Driver’s License
- Own vehicle with comprehensive car insurance
- Experience working with challenging behaviours
- NDIS Worker Orientation Module Certificate: https://www.ndiscommission.gov.au/workers/support-for-workers/training-course
Preferred but not essential:
- Manual handling training
- Administration of medication training
- Certificate IV in Disability and/or Mental Health
If you feel that you meet the above criteria, we would love to hear from you!
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Smith, Area Manager at email@example.com or call 0407 172 213.
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?