Head of Enterprise Risk & Compliance
Advertiser: SympleMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 3 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- $180,000 - $200,000+
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Compliance & Risk
Symple is headquartered in Cremorne, Victoria and is one of Australia fastest growing consumer lending Fintechs. The company was founded in 2018 by Bob Belan and Paul Byrne – two senior banking executives with extensive local and global experience managing large-scale lending businesses. The company uses state-of-the-art digital lending technology, advanced analytics and global best practice strategies to offer unsecured personal loans to strong credit-worthy customers, funded by institutional and private investors. Symple's management team is comprised of technology, credit risk, operational risk and investment management specialists with deep subject-matter expertise in Australia and internationally. Symple holds an Australian Credit License and Australian Financial Services License issued by ASIC and operates as a regulated lender in accordance with Australian lending standards. For more information, visit www.sympleloans.com.au.
Qualifications & experience
- 5-7 years in risk management consulting, internal/external audit or 2nd line operational risk management/assurance roles
- Big 4 professional service firm experience (EY, Deliotte, KPMG, PWC) in the Financial Services practice – ideally in the Banking or Consumer Lending industries specifically
- Hold a relevant university degree - e.g. Commerce, Economics, Law or similar
- Highly motivated, outcome-oriented with a commercial mindset and a proven "drive for results" disposition
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally to create and maintain business relationships with internal colleagues
- Ability to interact with external stakeholders – i.e. regulators (ASIC, AUSTRAC) and also external partners (Banks, Auditors, Shareholders, Financiers etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to embrace and recommend the use of new technologies to enhance the company's enterprise risk practices
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and apply sound business decision making judgement
Tasks & responsibilities
- As the Head of Enterprise Risk & Compliance, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading, innovating, governing, and managing the activities necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk.
- This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and the individual's primary focus will be on building upon, optimising and owning the Company's current Enterprise Risk Management program.
- The role's objectives are to ensure that the company's operational processes consistently meet global best-in-class standards, are fit for purpose, in compliance with applicable regulations, market standards, community expectations and aligned with the strategic imperatives of the organisation.
- Responsibilities include assessing current enterprise risk management practices, developing or upgrading operational risk management tools/ policies, analyse and report risks to the company's Executives and working with team members to identify and mitigate risks to within risk appetite.
- The successful candidate will also hold the role of Risk Council Chair – a forum for engaging with Management to regularly plan for, discuss and access the company's existing and/or emerging risks and ensure ongoing Board awareness and visibility into the evolution of the company's risk position.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in the financial services industry?
- How many years' experience do you have in an accounting role?