Support Workers - Casual Staff
Advertiser: Interchange Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- $25 - $29.99 per hour + 25% casual loading
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Are you passionate about helping people to live a meaningful and a valued life?
Interchange is an innovative provider of customised, community inclusion and independent living support for people with disability who require assistance to access community, vocational and daily living activities.
Our vision is for welcoming communities that value, respect and empower people with disability. We are dedicated to creating shared experiences in the general community, building relationships, trust and acceptance, and supporting people to become integral members of society.
Interchange is seeking several experienced, energetic and compassionate Support Workers to support our customers in our Myaree, Spearwood, Mandurah and Rockingham Neighbourhoods. You will be part of a developing team of Flexi-staff that will support our neighbourhood growth and workforce structure.
Your core responsibilities are to help the individual with daily living, personal care and hygiene, positive behaviour support and participation in the community.
The successful candidates must be available at short notice, can work flexibly, autonomously and with initiative, demonstrating good leadership skills and problem-solving ability. You must have knowledge of the National Disability Service Standards and experience in the disability sector. Experience in mental health and complex support needs will be favourably considered.
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or Mental Health or 2 years experience working with people with disabilities.
- Experience working with an array of people from different background, abilities and support needs.
- Desire to work within our Organisation's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Experience in personal care.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously, and within a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and time management skills.
- WA 'C' class driver's licence, and own vehicle.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Current National Police Certificate (within last 3 months).
We are seeking to build 2 flexi-staff teams to be available at short notice for shifts from weekdays, evenings, weekends, split shifts and 24/7.
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
This position will be employed at a Level 2 (Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (the “Modern Award”) and conditions under the National Employment Standards (“NES”).
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to live and work in Australia without restrictions.
Please use the Seek "Apply" button and prepare a detailed cover letter outlining your experience and suitability for this role. Attach a current Resume which will need to highlight your duties and achievements from previous and current roles most relevant to this position.
Please note - Only candidates successfully shortlisted for roles will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?