Support Worker - EXPERIENCED
Advertiser: Interchange Inc.More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- Perth, Eastern Suburbs
- $27 - $30 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Are you passionate about helping an individual to live a meaningful and a valued life?
Interchange is an innovative provider of customised, community inclusion and independent living support for people with disability who require assistance to access community, vocational and daily living activities.
Our vision is for welcoming communities that value, respect and empower people with disability. We are dedicated to creating shared experiences in the general community, building relationships, trust and acceptance, and supporting people to become integral members of society.
Interchange is seeking several experienced, energetic and compassionate Recovery Support Workers.
The people Interchange support, require these supports to maintain independent living, keeping them engaged in a healthy and safe lifestyle through routine structure and consistency while working towards their goals. You will be required to provide compassionate support by helping the individuals with daily living, personal care and hygiene, positive behaviour support and participation in the community.
You will be a part of a dynamic team that can work autonomously and can demonstrate initiative, good leadership skills and problem-solving ability. Support workers must have knowledge of the National Disability Service Standards and experience in the disability sector especially around mental health and recovery. Experience of supporting someone with behaviours of concern and working in partnership through mentoring and a recovery approach is essential.
The successful candidates will have:
- Certificate III or IV in Disability or Mental Health and experience working with people with disabilities.
- Have experience with challenging behaviour and positive behaviour supports.
- Desire to work within our Organisation's Mission, Vision and Values.
- Experience in personal care
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both autonomously, and within a team environment.
- Excellent problem solving, organisational and time management skills.
- WA 'C' class driver's licence, and own vehicle.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certificate.
- Current National Police Certificate (within last 3 months).
Availability Specifics (weekdays, weekends, evenings, nights, split shifts, 24/7).
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development
- Employee Assistance Program
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to live and work in Australia without restrictions.
Please submit a current resume and contact details. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?