Advertiser: Rosebud Early LearningMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- Mornington Peninsula & Bass Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Childcare & Outside School Hours Care
Rosebud Early Learning is a brand new architecturally designed early childhood education and care service at Rosebud. It offers an atmosphere unlike any other Service.
Are you the kind of leader that supports the notion that all children are capable of extraordinary things?
At Rosebud, we believe the potential for happiness and greatness lies in all of them and will mean different things to different children. They will face challenges and disappointments along the way, but our educators will equip them with the skills to help build their resilience. This will help them bounce back from stress, challenges and adversity and allow them to be brave, curious, adaptable and extend their reach into the exciting world that awaits them.
At our exciting new centre, shoes will be optional, getting dirty will be compulsory and our inclusive and unique learning experiences will instil in children a lifetime love of learning.
Are you highly organised, focused and skilled at managing inventive, innovative and imaginative people? Do you pay attention to detail and have the ability to provide guidance to turn ideas into reality? Are you looking for a position change? If this describes you, we would love to meet you!
As the Service Director of our new centre, you will have the pleasure of being a part of selecting a new team of creative, enthusiastic, like-minded educators committed to providing enriching, high quality education and care programs that are truly remarkable.
The person we are looking for will possess highly developed interpersonal relationship building skills, an ability to understand and visualise ideas and concepts and help bring them to fruition, be understanding, have time to listen, and have love for the children and their families. You must be able to demonstrate your commitment to ensuring children have an enriched and inspirational educational experience throughout their early years
Why Rosebud Early Learning?
At Rosebud Early Learning, our focus will be on allowing children to be free, entertain themselves, choose how they play and learn and discover their ‘wildhood’! Our centre’s unique outdoor environment will feature four sand pits, two large bike tracks, a waterpark, a large grassy area, a barnyard full of animals and a Garden World where children can learn how to tend to a variety of herbs and vegetables.
- Overall management and smooth operation of the Service.
- Enhance the performance of the centre through proactive management of key financials including occupancy, rostering, collection of fees, marketing and wages.
- Maintaining administrative procedures including, attendance records, purchasing equipment and resources, parent notices and newsletters, service provision data, and departmental requirements.
- Lead the program planning and implement learning experiences to promote children's development. Evaluate programming outcomes and keep appropriate records.
- Organise, supervise and support duties for all educators, and oversee the delivery of the educational program.
- Develop and maintain the centre Quality Improvement Plan.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and time management skills.
- Develop and maintain partnerships within the local community.
- Develop positive and professional relationships with families, children and staff.
- Show excellent leadership qualities, be proactive and set high standards for staff and centre performance by nurturing staff morale and promoting positive behaviours.
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development for yourself and all Educators.
- Maintain health and safety standards, and risk minimisation strategies.
- High standard compliance to all childcare requirements including the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Framework (NQF), National Quality Standards (NQS), Education and Care National Regulations and National Law.
- Bachelor of Education - Early Childhood & Primary or Diploma of Early Childhood Education & Care (or an equivalent qualification as approved by ACECQA).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Service Director/Nominated Supervisor in an early childhood setting.
- Previous experience with a strong emphasis on cultivating creativity and the arts (music, dance, art and languages)
- Demonstrable ability to connect with the community and form effective working relationships.
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates (inclusive of asthma and anaphylaxis training).
- Current Blue Card – Working with Children Check (WWCC).
- Current child protection training certificate (or be willing to update).
- High-level understanding and adherence to the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), National Quality Framework (NQF), National Quality Standards (NQS), National Regulations and Law.
- Must have experience supporting and training colleagues.
- Possess excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in order to effectively liaise with families, staff, management and the community.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Experience using QikKids software is advantageous but not essential.
- Be capable of working autonomously.
WHAT ROSEBUD OFFERS YOU:
- Professional development opportunities.
- Generous salary package and conditions.
- A highly supportive and empowering management team.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter via the “apply for this job” button.