Director Of Nursing and Quality Manager
Advertiser: Euroa Health0 out of 50.0 overall rating (0 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- Shepparton & Goulburn Valley
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Management
Euroa Health Inc is a community based hospital providing Residential Aged Care, Community and Acute services to the outlying Strathbogie Shire. As Euroa Health transforms and grows to meet our changing community needs, so do our work force requirements one of which is requiring a senior registered nurse to undertake the dual role of Director of Nursing and Quality Manager.
This role connects the need for a deep understanding of technical current nursing practices and legislative requirements and the empathy and focus of a leader to our internal workforce, stakeholders and our patients, residents and their associated families and friends.
You’ll bring to the role your energy,vitality and a caring nature to this role and you will have:
- An understanding of the impact of complex care needs and a demonstrated ability to apply high level of clinical knowledge (including palliative care and dementia care).
- Demonstrated success in clinical leadership roles
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage and influence all stakeholders, including employees, residents, families and VMO’s
- A desire to lead the nursing workforce at Euroa Health to deliver evidenced based clinical practice
- Develop and manage Continuous Improvement Plans at both an organisational and local level.
- Develop service policy, procedure and clinical guidelines.
- Incorporate current legislation into the policy, procedure and clinical guidelines
- A person centered approach to care delivery
- Demonstrated clinical decision making capability
- Proficient computer skills
- Knowledge of Work Health and Safety and a commitment to keeping yourself and others safe and well
- Facilitating clinical incident and complaint reviews for the service and developing comprehensive written reports for the CEO
- Writing high level Board reports and Matters papers for both Board and Senior Executive
What Euroa Health could do for you
At Euroa Health, we love to see our team members grow with us.
We encourage you to develop your skills and capability and have a range of structured clinical and professional development programs to help you keep your skills and knowledge current.
Euroa is 90 minutes from Melbourne and provides a great country life style whilst enjoying salary packaging, free parking and no traffic to name just a few options that may help you make that tree change as well as a current police check, flu vaccination and working with children check is required for this role.
To be considered for this role you will:
- Recent experience in a leadership role and ability to lead from the front
- Proven reporting and end to end people and business management competency
- Sound knowledge of Healthcare standards for Aged care, Acute and Community Services. (or a willingness to develop same)
- Ability to interpret and analyse data
- Have a proactive approach to clinical analysis of risk
- Current DIV 1 Nursing /AHPRA registration
- The right to work in Australia
Please send your resume and cover letter through Seek or for a confidential discussion please contact Trish on 57950206 [link removed] .
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a director of nursing?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the residential aged care accreditation standards?