Apprentice Heavy Road Transport Mechanic
Advertiser: Truck Centre WA2.9333 out of 52.9 overall rating (15 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Trades & Services, Automotive Trades
Truck Centre (WA) is WA's sole Mack, UD, Volvo and Hyundai truck Specialist Dealership. With 9 branches operating successfully state wide, we pride ourselves in taking on the prestigious responsibility of being the 'Single Largest Truck Transport Solution in WA.'
Truck Centre (WA) would like to invite motivated and mechanically minded individuals who possess a keen interest in the Heavy Road Transport Industry to apply for an Apprenticeship opportunity based at our Port Hedland branch, with an option of commencing your apprenticeship in late 2020 or January 2021. Please note that this is a residential position and FIFO applications will not be considered for this role.
Heavy Vehicle Mechanics at Truck Centre (WA) are required to diagnose, overhaul, repair, service, and test heavy duty vehicles, providing a high quality of workmanship on all products in accordance with the standards expected of our stakeholders.
- A strong interest in the Heavy Automotive industry
- Self-motivation with a positive can-do attitude
- Enjoyment in performing practical and manual activities
- An awareness for safety in the workplace
- The ability to use initiative and follow instructions
- The capacity to work well within a team environment
- A Minimum of Year 10 qualifications (Year 12 completion highly desirable)
- The commitment to a full 48 month Apprenticeship term, including both on and off the job training.
Candidates with relevant work experience, exposure to Road Transport Vehicle Servicing and/or Cert I or II in the Heavy Automotive Mechanical field are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for a 2020/2021 Apprenticeship opportunity, please email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify which position and location you are applying for in the subject line:
- A recent updated copy of your resume
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in a career in the Road Transport industry and why you would make a great Truck Centre Apprentice
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript.
Please note that applications must meet all of the above criteria in order to be considered for this opportunity.
Truck Centre WA is not in a position to consider applicants who have already commenced an apprenticeship elsewhere or offer any Recognition of Prior Learning to this qualification.
All applicants will be contacted once the shortlisting process is completed to advise whether you will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
For further information about this role or about our company, please refer to the Apprenticeship section of our company website www.tcwa.com.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.