Advertiser: Pandanus 5 Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Oct 2020
- $30 - $34.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Tour Guides
Tour Guide –Job description
A Tour Guide provides assistance, information and cultural historical and contemporary heritage interpretation to people on organised tours as well as individuals at historical sites, museums and other venues of significant interest.
Pandanus 5 Pty Ltd trading as Darwin Tours, Tour Tub and Wallaroo Tours operate both open air and fully airconditioned vehicles, vehicle size ranges from 13 to 21 seats.
The Tour Tub provides visitors with tours of Darwin and its surrounds. This service also includes evening charters and specialized charters when required.
Wallaroo Tours operate One Day Litchfield National Park and Jumping Crocodile Cruise Tours from Darwin.
The Jumping Crocodile tour is a half day tour to the Adelaide River where passengers join a 1 hour jumping croc cruise and a stop of at the Humpty Doo Hotel. There is also a JCA with a lunch option at the Humpty Doo Hotel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To operate a motor omnibus in a safe manner and in accordance of the NT road rules
- Greet guests and take care of their requirements.
- Conduct safety talk and present safety policy for the area.
- Give an overview of the tour and the sights to be visited.
- Ensure all guests are comfortable, correctly attired and can hear and see to enable them to learn from and enjoy the tour.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of all guests.
- Serving food and refreshments
- Undertake any other duties as required.
- Smoking is prohibited in vehicles & in front of passengers.
- Explain any areas of interest welcoming questions.
- To provide quality tours in all regions Pandanus 5 operate in accordance with your itinerary and brochure.
- To make commentary on tours interesting and informative
- To collect monies and vouchers from passengers
- Good communication and people skills
- Ability to make commentary on tours interesting and informative
- At all times conduct him/herself in a professional manner
- Be clean and wear the company uniform with pride
- Have own ABN
- Provide own public liability indemnity & income protection insurance
- NT Bus license – MR with H endorsement
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of food handling procedures
- Knowledge of Darwin’s history and it’s attractions
- Knowledge of Litchfield National Park
- Knowledge of greater rural area of Darwin and its history
- Knowledge of Top End flora and fauna
- Basic knowledge of vehicle maintenance
- Previous experience guiding in the NT is highly regarded
- How many years' experience do you have as a tour guide?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?