General Manager (ATSI Identified)
Advertiser: Gurriny Yealamucka Health Services Aboriginal CorporationMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Oct 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Healthcare & Medical, Management
This is an Aboriginal Designated Position, classified under 'special measures' of section 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010. Only Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are eligible to apply.
Looking for a Sea Change?
If you like working in an innovative, leading, organisation and like a challenge; are passionate about health and are committed to an organisation where you actually make a difference to improving the health outcomes for the community of Yarrabah, then you should contact us.
Expressions of Interest: General Manager
We can provide you with a professionally fulfilling work experience and environment, while offering you a work/life balance, with NO weekend work, 50km from Cairns. Enjoy the lifestyle of Cairns with a short daily commute to Yarrabah for work.
Based in Yarrabah, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and working as part of the Executive Management Team the General Manager will be responsible for continuing the journey of Community controlled comprehensive primary health care service provision.
Reporting directly to the CEO this position is responsible for overseeing the functioning and outcomes of the diverse business operations of Gurriny.
The position will manage the effective implementation and integration of all service delivery activities to ensure real time operational performance in line with the requirements of the approved Annual Action Plan, Budget, Funding Agreements and Service Contracts.
The role will take the organisational lead in:
- overseeing the daily service delivery operations of the company and its Senior Management Team
- facilitation of enhanced operational responsiveness and efficiency through business planning, systems enhancement and coordination of internal performance review forums and reporting processes
- embedding cultural integrity and consistency into all service delivery practices
- effective community engagement and responsive client practices
As part of the Senior Management Team the position will support the work of the Chief Executive will lead the broader strategic business & systems development, stakeholder engagement and organisation development initiatives.
You will be of Aboriginal descent, you will have a great sense of humour, the ability to work flexibly You enjoy being part of a multi-disciplinary team and participating in knowledge exchange. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal societies and cultures and the diversity of issues affecting indigenous people particularly in Yarrabah.
The position provides strategic guidance, operational leadership and management including continuous improvement of services within the facility to ensure the provision of high level primary health care that meets the needs of the community.
You will possess a minimum of eight years of directly related experience including five years in a senior managerial capacity with a similar institution
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal societies and cultures and the diversity of issues affecting them particularly in Yarrabah
- A significant understanding of the Australian not-for-profit sector
- An understanding of not-for-profit income generation (Medicare, grants, social enterprise and emerging models)
- Excellent knowledge and proven capability in developing teams and getting the best out of people, including experience in coaching and training
- Demonstrated strategic planning and implementation skills with advanced problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent negotiation and interpersonal communication skills with the capability to work with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent relationship building capacity and the ability to relate well to people with diverse experience and backgrounds working across a wide range of functions and competencies
- Ability to work autonomously without supervision
An attractive remuneration package is available; this includes four weeks' annual leave, travel allowance and the option of generous salary sacrifice due to PBI status. There are also opportunities for professional development and a supportive work environment.
To discuss this role, or to obtain a copy of the Position description contact Gurriny Yealamucka Health services HR Manager via email email@example.com or via our website www.gyhsac.org.au
Please note no applications will be accepted unless the Selection Criteria is addressed.
Only Successful applicants will be contacted
This role closes on Friday the 30th of October 2020 @ 4.30pm
Please Note: ONLY Australian Indigenous residents need apply.
Declaration of Aboriginality may be required
Gurriny Yealamucka Health Service is an equal opportunity employer
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?