Advertiser: Far North Sports FishingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 6 Oct 2020
- Cairns & Far North
- Work Type
- Hospitality & Tourism, Tour Guides
Far North Sports Fishing is a well-established bespoke fishing charter provider to the tourism and sportfishing sector. The company have recently invested in a range of innovative fleet improvements as well as focusing on uplifting our customer service with comfort configuration changes, and a key part of these changes will be working with experienced fishing guides with a strong customer service ethic, high attention to detail and presentation.
Far North Sports Fishing are currently seeking Experienced Fishing Guides for upcoming charter opportunities. Our operation offers a wide range of packages from varying locations and will require the ability to Fly in / Fly out on chartered flights to meet our mothership operation.
What we offer:
- Competitive Rates
- FIFO / In port casual roster
- Casual opportunities for successful candidates – with the potential for a casual opportunity.
About the role:
Reporting to the Skipper & Operations Manager, the Experienced Fishing Guide will be working across a team of experienced vessel operating personnel. Working collectively to carry out duties that encompass all aspects
of our vessel/fleet operations. Specific experience with maintaining tenders, managing fishing operations aboard your vessel in consultation with procedures and the Skippers directive, as well as customer service as a fishing guide is required.The position will be based on a contractor basis – with the potential of a casual roster position on offer.Successful candidates must be keen for long hours, shift work, who are reliable, responsible, ethical in
autonomous duties, and motivated.
Please note that these positions are strictly from Cairns only.
The Fishing Guide will be required to:
- Deliver daily operational tasks in a safe, proficient, and effective manner.
- Work with the Skipper with tender and inventory maintenance, stock take checks and in-port duties to ensure limited down time and maximized production on charters with swift turnaround times between
- Promote and ensure compliance in Health, Safety, and environment.
- Conduct cleaning requirements to maintain presentation and preservation of vessels in line with maintenance and client requirements.
- Ensure adherence to appropriate environmental protection acts, and company policies always.
- Ensure maintenance, presentation, product quality parameters and budgetary constraints are maintained as determined by the Skipper and Operations Manager.
- Ability to work within a team and effectively demonstrate key leadership skills to manage fishing operations on tenders with clients.
- Aptitude to communicate, cooperate and encourage team environments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to ethically conduct duties unsupervised as directed.
- Capability to actively problem solve, contribute to procedural changes, and perform under pressure to meet strict deadlines with charters.
- Conduct monitoring, reporting and audit processes proactively to ensure best practice methods are being implemented as per company policies, procedures, and maintenance schedules. Including all daily checklists, tasks and reporting are completed whilst on charter, return to port, and during in-port intervals, or as required by the Skipper.
Essential qualifications, experience, and skills:
Where you are required to hold a licence or registration, you MUST hold the appropriate tickets, or you will not be considered.
- Previous fishing guide experience, minimum of 3 years.
- Proficiency in diverse fishing styles is advantageous, specifically; heavy & light tackle, fly-fishing and surface lure fishing .
- Local Area Knowledge.(Predominantly we operate north of Lizard Island).
- Pre-employment medical including a drug and alcohol screen (desirable).
- Senior First Aid certificate.
- ‘C’ Class drivers’ licence.
- RSA (desirable, or willing to obtain).
- Be customer focus with a can-do attitude.
- High standard of presentation, well-spoken, and an eye for detail.
- A willingness to take responsibility for vessels and their requirements.
- Solid understanding of marine and tourism industry as a fishing guide and deckhand for maintenance.
- Proven positive work ethic. Including high level interpersonal, leadership qualities and mentoring skills.
- Experience with customers highly regarded.
- Experience with control systems for inventory control (stock-take).
- Experience using processes for client consumption (i.e. noting consumption of gear, or consumables whilst on charter).
All successful candidates will be required to undertake fitness for work medical, on-going drug and alcohol screening, and complete a formal induction with the company – to be deemed competent for the position, candidates must be willing to complete an induction with the organisation to verify skills and attributes required.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Please note: Only short-listed candidates who possess the minimum requirements will be contacted.
To apply, please follow the directions on Seek.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- How many years' experience do you have in the hospitality & tourism industry?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?
- Are you available to work public holidays?