Learning Support Teacher
Advertiser: OneSchool Australia LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 5 Nov 2020
- Wagga Wagga & Riverina
- Work Type
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
OneSchool Global is proud to be one of the worlds largest and truly global schools, with over 9500 students, 130 campuses and 2500 staff operating across 20 countries.
OneSchool Global is renowned for its innovation and offers a range of learning opportunities.
The Learning Support Teacher will be based at our Wagga Campus. This is a Fixed-Term position to start January 2021 until the end of Term 3, 2021. Part-Time (0.6 load) or Full-Time (1.00 load) option available.
In this role you will be responsible for;
- Building a positive learning environment where students of all abilities can achieve success in both primary and secondary
- Create and implement individualised education plans
- Administer diagnostic tests and interpret data to develop Individual Education Plans.
- Track, motivate and monitor student progress and liaise with other teachers, parents and students.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will have an excellent understanding of the NSW Curriculum and Syllabus across primary and Secondary and previous experience in learning support. Previous experience also teaching history is desirable but not essential. You must be a registered teacher by the NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA) and have relevant teaching and tertiary qualifications and hold a current Working With Children Check (WWCC).
You must have an exemplary ability to identify and evaluate student needs and work with students with disabilities. Ability to differentiate instruction for students along all parts of the learning spectrum and strong communication skills including the ability to work with parents, students and colleagues within the faculty, campus and wider school.
You will need to be comfortable stepping away from traditional classroom teaching practices, to embrace modern teaching methods and technologies including video conferencing and online resources.
- Competitive remuneration
- Ongoing professional development and training
- A safe, caring and supportive work environment
- Proven academic performance and small class sizes
- State of the art teaching facilities providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
OneSchool Global has a clear vision and our values are the heart of everything we do. Our culture is supportive and dynamic, and our success is enabled by an engaging, passionate team approach.
If you have a genuine love of teaching, possess a "can do" attitude and ability to be flexible within a dynamic workplace environment, please apply today.
For further information about our school visit www.oneschoolglobal.com, for further information about this position please contact Lauren Verdon on 02 6931 4555.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have current teacher's registration in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with children with special needs?