Media & Communications
Advertiser: Animal Welfare League NSW2.7143 out of 52.7 overall rating (7 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
We make a real difference to the lives of animals most in need.
Animal Welfare League NSW cares for surrendered, neglected and abandoned animals and gives them a second chance at life. Our vision is for all animals to have a safe and loving home.
We are currently seeking a motivated Media and Communications Officer to join our close-knit Marketing, Fundraising and Communications team. Reporting to the Marketing and Fundraising Manager, this role involves a wide range of tasks and responsibilities within the organisation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and media outlets
- Develop, implement and evaluate AWL NSW’s media strategy in consultation with management
- Monitor daily media and advise on reactive media opportunities
- Build relationships with Branches
- Develop and pitch proactive media opportunities in consultation with AWL NSW programs
- Lead production of AWL NSW’s communication materials
- Write and compile the AWL NSW quarterly magazine
- Lead and monitor the implementation of the AWL NSW style guide for all external and internal (where applicable) communications materials
- Develop fundraising appeals in consultation with the marketing & Fundraising Manager and the team
- Actively manage the ‘Press and Media’ section of our website and ensure it is regularly updated
- Contribute to the delivery of communication strategies for events and fundraisers
- Other related duties as required
Skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in media and communications space
- Proven experience in local and national media and PR
- Additional skills in marketing and fundraising campaigns desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong copywriting skills, with the ability to write impactful copy for fundraising and advocacy
- Excellent project management and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, with graphic design skills an advantage
- Positive attitude and flexibility to contribute to other projects within a small team
- Project management and planning skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work effectively under pressure
- Ability to work well both in a team and autonomously
Why join AWL NSW
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and remuneration package commensurate with experience
- A supportive and outcomes oriented culture
- A real opportunity to save lives and make a difference
Please include a cover letter along with your CV when applying
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?