Operations Manager - Day Services
Advertiser: Wallara Australia LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 7 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity in our Community/Day Services Division for a full time Operations Manager.
Reporting to the General Manager, Service Delivery, this is a key role in the organisation which will be responsible for leading and overseeing the operational practices and team culture within our community division and ensuring consistently high quality and person-centred services for our clients.
You’ll need to be highly motivated, strategic, innovative and a proactive leader, have excellent interpersonal skills and strong business acumen.
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role leading operations functions
- Extensive experience and demonstrated knowledge within the disability sector
- Minimum 3 years management experience leading a large team
- Proven ability to build a high performing, empowered team
- Ability to think strategically to achieve a true, person centred service offering
- Possession of high level strategic planning and decision making skills
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing business, strategic and communication plans
- Exemplary communication skills; ability to communicate and influence across all levels of the organisation and build positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Ability to advocate and promote community inclusion and person centred support that exceeds standards and is delivered within the available resources – be creative!
- Excellent written communication skills and computer literacy
- Resourceful and innovative approach to creating opportunities for those we support – make social change happen
- Commitment to exceptional service delivery and a demonstrated professional approach to work
- Commitment to the principles of WHS, EEO, Cultural Diversity and all relevant legislation
- Right to work in Australia
- Mandatory police check and Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme (DWES) check will be conducted
- Full Victorian drivers licence
- A supportive and collaborative work culture
- Competitive salary including salary packaging options
- Professional development and training
- Career opportunities and pathways
- Access to employee benefits and discounts
Wallara Australia is a unique non-profit organisation based in Melbourne's South East. Every day we provide creative services for Australia's largest minority group – people with disabilities. We coach them to grow as individuals, to work productively, to explore their communities and to live the way they choose.
Why a career with Wallara? Because when you join Wallara, you’ll join a movement! We’re driving social change for people with different abilities and we’re having a good time doing it! We’re passionate, professional, and purposeful about our mission. We also value innovation, collaboration and celebration. It’s just the way we roll! So if you believe the future is inclusive, you’ll feel right at home with us.
The Wallara Way:
- Be creative and push the boundaries
- Think client first
- Do the right thing
- Together we make a difference
- Have fun and celebrate awesomeness
How to apply
If you are seeking a challenging and rewarding role please apply through SEEK by COB 28 October 2020. Please note, applications must include a resume and cover letter and only applications that meet the selection criteria will be considered.
For more information, please contact Naomi email@example.com
Catch us on WallaraTV and Facebook!
As an equal opportunity employer, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates who meet the requirements of the position.
- How many years' experience do you have as an operations manager?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?
- How many years' experience do you have with change management?
- Have you worked in a role where you were responsible for budget management & forecasting?