Advertiser: Union Bank of IndiaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Account & Relationship Management
Union Bank of India Sydney, an Australian Financial Services Licensee pursuant to section 913B of the Corporations Act 2001 invites applications for the position of Manager- Operations in its Sydney Office. The selected candidate will be taking the position of Head of Operations of Union Bank of India, Sydney (UBIS). This is a managerial role, which offers an opportunity to utilize your knowledge and experience gained in the banking / financial sector.
The major duties of the role include:
- This role is responsible for regularly supporting the ACEO in ensuring branch operational activities and liability management, promotes business for the branch by maintaining healthy relationship and referring customers to appropriate personnel for new services.
- This position performs supervisory duties as assigned by the ACEO and performs in various capacities such as new accounts representative, handling remittances, maintaining the deposits and financial accounts of the branch, managing human resources activities or any other operational duties as deemed appropriate.
- Daily routine operational services, such as documents verification/checks on account opening, remittances/money transfers, data maintenance, IT maintenance and general office support as assigned.
- Review and authorise all documents (originals, photocopies and scanned) pertaining to new account opening, remittances, term deposits etc.
- Ensure compliance to the operational risk policy and the procedural document for managing operational risk and with AML requirements, supervise the performance of the operations staff, branch accounting and taxation for local and Head office requirements. Ensure that transactions are captured accurately and financial settlements are completed in a timely manner.
- Reconciliation of Nostro and Vostro accounts, accruals and prepayment, as required. Daily banking and real time bank reconciliation, day to day SWIFT and FINACLE operations, co-ordinate and manage the outsourced service providers and ensure internal control procedures are in place at the branch at all times.
- Attending to the observations of the internal/external audit comments, responsible for control over stationery usage and safe keeping of security items. This includes ensuring the branch storage of documents, files and other records and secure in a fire proof environment, manage human resource processes and requirements, develop and train the operational staff to ensure that they are fully aware of the Bank’s products and operational procedures and practices.
- Reporting, preparing various reports as needed by local regulators, Internal/External auditors and Head Office.
- Degree (Post Graduate/ Graduate), preferably in financial discipline (e.g. economics, commerce, business, accounting, risk or equivalent)
- JAIIB & CAIIB or equivalent qualification/s.
- Minimum 07 Years’ experience in commercial banking at officer grade with working knowledge of Finacle Core Banking Application and experience in Banking operations, KYC/AML guidelines and trade credit.
- Should be aware of policies and procedures of Union Bank of India
- Understanding of Reserve Bank of India guidelines.
- Client relationship management – ability to initiate and maintain strong and profitable relationships with customers. This includes ability to identify and develop new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent computer skills and adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Hindi language is highly regarded.
Please note candidates must be able to meet the APRA requirements relating to Fit and Proper.