Advertiser: Advocare IncorporatedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 8 Oct 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- $80,296.84 - $83,931.64
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the business
Advocare is a unique not for profit organisation that is committed to a community where the rights of people are supported and respected. We have been supporting older West Australian's for over 20 years and are the proud WA partner of the national Older Persons Advocacy Network (OPAN).
About the role
Two maximum term contracts are available. One FTE to June 2021, one 0.8 FTE to October 2021.
This exciting and rewarding role reports to the Advocate Team Leader and is part of a small, vibrant team. Advocates provide advocacy and information to older people and also engage with aged and community care staff, professionals in the health sector and community groups to raise awareness of the rights of older people and the issue of abuse.
Benefits and perks
We offer rewarding work in a supportive environment, close to public transport with free staff parking. Salary packaging up to $15,900 per annum and access to an Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family. Paid leave between Christmas and New Year.
Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience required:-
- Confident and enthusiastic individuals with skills in advocacy
- Demonstrated understanding of the aged and community care sector, including special needs groups
- Ability to work well within a small team with minimal supervision
- Strong computer literacy, able to use outlook, word and power point and client data management system
- Confident public speaking skills to deliver group education sessions
- A current C class driving licence and ability to travel periodically
- A current police clearance certificate
To apply, please submit a resume and brief cover letter addressing your experience to the selection criteria above. To view the job description please visit our website at www.advocare.org.au and select the About Us, Join our Team tab.
Applications close 18th October 2020 with interviews taking place the week of 19th October.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?