Head of Air Freight, ANZ
Advertiser: CEVA Logistics2.972 out of 53.0 overall rating (143 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Freight/Cargo Forwarding
CEVA, one of the world's leading non-asset based supply chain management companies, designs and implements industry leading solutions for large and medium-size national and multinational companies. Approximately 42,000 employees in more than 170 countries, encompassing some 2000 employees across Australia and New Zealand, are dedicated to delivering effective and robust supply chain solutions across a variety of sectors where CEVA applies its operational expertise to provide best-in-class services across its integrated network.
We offer you:
- Genuine career progressions locally and Globally.
- Special rates with HSBC
- 15% discount on Europe Car hire
- 40% off some HP products
- Discounted private health Insurance on BUPA and Medibank Private
- Novating Car Leasing available
Head of Air, ANZ
You will be responsible for the accurate, safe and efficient movement of all air freight products, starting from receiving into our distribution center through to its final destination. You will set the strategy for the operations function and evolve to meet the growing needs of the customer. You will need to have a thorough understanding of designing how operations scale to meet demand, developing efficient SLAs and where possible new services for our growing market. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will lead a team of 4 members, setting standards of behaviour, developing and coaching your team. You will be leading investment, growth and cost decisions while leveraging internal and external resources at all stages to achieve the goals of the business.
- Be an active member of the Executive Management Board that will participate and present in monthly meetings both locally and globally.
- Be the leader of planning and implementation of operational focuses for the air freight product line.
- Ensure the effective use of internal and external relationships to engage suppliers and airlines with required service levels.
- Manage the Profit and Loss statement to ensure budget, sales costs and overall volume growth is effective and in line with business direction.
- Providing leadership and direction across the group to ensure company strategy, operational and sales goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Have thorough knowledge of the sales process, timelines and procurement of services to ensure customer deliverables are achieved.
- Familiar with competition in the market, drive and analyse market trends and ensure the company brand maintains a strong reputation.
- Have strong knowledge on warehousing processes, charters and overall project management principles.
- Knowledge on WHS principles and Chain of Responsibility policies within the air freight environment including Standard Operating Procedures.
You will have:
- Previous experience in air freight operations role, managing large teams with either Executive Management or Director experience.
- 3+ years’ in leadership operational roles within a fast-growing, global business.
- Past exposure in scaling business operations to meet the growth demand
- A process-oriented mindset with experience leveraging internal and external stakeholders to meet demands.
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to problem solve and high attention to detail
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong people management experience.
Should you feel that you have the right skills and experience to fulfill the requirements of the role, please apply without further delay.
As a part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to complete a police check, a pre-employment medical that includes an instant Drug and Alcohol assessment.
CEVA Logistics’ Diversity Statement:
As a global organisation, diversity is critical to our business success; only when we can reflect the cultures, languages, attitudes and local knowledge of our customers, can we succeed. By employing people with different experiences and abilities, we expand our knowledge and increase our creativity and innovation. CEVA Logistics is proud to be an equal employment opportunity workplace. We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants, who will receive consideration for employment without regard to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working with logistics, freight & delivery services?
- Do you have freight forwarding experience?
- Do you have experience in a sales role?
- What's your expected annual base salary?