Early Childhood Content Coordinator
Advertiser: Early Childhood AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- starting at $96,555.00 pro-rata
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Early Childhood
Early Childhood Australia
Early Childhood Australia (ECA) has been operating since 1938. Our vision is ‘every young child thriving and learning’. To achieve this vision we champion the rights of young children to thrive and learn at home, in the community, within early learning settings and through the early years of school.
Our work builds the capacity of our society and the early childhood sector to realize the potential of every child during the critical early years from birth to the age of eight. ECA specifically acknowledges the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families, and the past and current injustices and realities for them around Australia.
About the role
The ECA Learning Hub Early Childhood Content Coordinator is a leadership position within the ECA Learning Hub responsible for guiding the creation of high calibre professional learning resources and programs designed to meet the professional learning needs of educators and education and care services.
The ECA Learning Hub (http://learninghub.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au ) is an online professional learning hub for early childhood educators and services. It is built on a Learning Management System (LMS) provided by Kineo; currently key products include self-paced online learning modules and webinars/webcasts. The ECA Learning Hub has over 35,000 active users.
ECA Learning Hub works closely with our partner organisation Crux Media, a Canberra based video production company that provides ECA with all the filming and editing services across Australia. Our other partner Kineo is the Learning Management System provider.
The Learning Hub team also manage a number of projects involving the development of professional learning resources and programs (previous examples include: Early Years Connect, Start Early, the Early Childhood Digital Business Kit, Outside School Hours Care Quality Development Program and the E-safety Early Years Professional Learning Program) which were funded by Federal and State/Territory Government Departments, commercial partners and philanthropic foundations.
The salary for this position is at Level 4 of the ECA Enterprise Agreement (starting at $96,555.00) and salary packaging is available. This is offered as a full time permanent position, with part time options negotiable. This position could be based in the ECA national office in Canberra or remotely from either Sydney or Melbourne.
1. A degree qualification in early childhood / education, plus 5 years’ experience OR a Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care, plus 5 years’ (min.) experience
2. Extensive experience in the operations and work of early childhood education and care services, including experience in implementing quality improvement under the National Quality Framework
3. Experience in the design and delivery of professional learning to the education and care sector
4. Demonstrated successful project management including contribution to development, monitoring of work plans as well as reporting progress and achievements against required outcomes
5. A minimum of 3+ years’ experience in managing teams, including the ability to lead, supervise and work collaboratively
6. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to write for different audiences, deliver oral presentations and work collaboratively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
7. Demonstrated ability to work with a PC and electronic files including competent use of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel & PowerPoint)
1. Formal qualifications in adult learning and/or project management
2. Experience in designing online learning courses and/or resources, including experience in instructional design and learning management systems
3. Prior mentoring and/or coaching experience and knowledge of current techniques and strategies
- The Salary for this role is at Level 4 (starting at $96,555.00 pro rata) as per Early Childhood Australia’s Enterprise Agreement that sets out all applicable terms and conditions of your employment. As a registered charity ECA is eligible for fringe benefit tax rebates and offers salary packaging options.
- The role is a full time position (with part time options negotiable). ECA is open to flexible work arrangements and location. Hours are negotiable but primarily during business hours 9 am – 5pm.
- The role is flexible in location- the position could be based at ECA National office (16 Mildura St, Fyshwick ACT), in Sydney or Melbourne, Australia.
How to Apply
Further information is available via ECA's web site under 'careers': http://www.earlychildhoodaustralia.org.au/careers/. Applications must address the selection criteria and be submitted electronically in word or pdf format. Applications not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered. Along with the response to the selection criteria applications must include a CV listing 2 referees and are to be submitted by midnight Sunday, 1 November 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, please ensure that in the subject line contains your full name and the position you are applying for.
ECA is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons.
Applicants must be located in and have a genuine right to work in Australia.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have experience working with children?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the early years learning framework?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the National Quality Framework?