Graduate lawyer (Corporate and Commercial)
Advertiser: Miller & Prince LawyersMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Legal, Corporate & Commercial Law
About the business
Miller & Prince Lawyers was founded with an ethos of lawyers committed to providing advice and expertise at the premier level. Our cohesive team is vehemently fixated on solving our clients' most paramount complications. We are uniquely positioned to help our clients achieve their ambitions and also aspire to achieve extraordinary results for our clients.
We have experience in the fields of corporate and commercial, banking and finance, insolvency and restructuring, securities law, real estate and building and construction. Our principals have managed large, complex and demanding transactions. We counsel domestic and international organisations that are large, medium and small and that operate in a range of industry sectors.
Our unique structure defines our approach. The feedback that we obtain suggests that we are easy to work with because of our collaborative perspective and the accessibility of our principals. We adopt a ratio of associates to principals considerably below that of other law firms. We concentrate on matters that necessitate the attention, experience and sophistication of our principals. We limit the number and type of matters we assume and work together to allow the necessary personnel to contribute their expertise. Our structure and approach invite talented and entrepreneurial lawyers, who empower us to produce distinguished results for our clients in complex and critical matters.
About the role
To provide support to the Principals. Duties will include, but not limited to:-
- Drafting correspondence;
- Preparing property related documents including contracts for sale of property, leases and licences;
- Preparing corporate related documents including but not limited to shareholders agreements, trust deeds, loan agreements, specific security deeds, and resolutions;
- Preparing litigation related documents including but not limited to statements of claim, affidavits, submissions, chronologies, and notices of motion;
- Undertaking property searches and other legal research; and
Benefits and perks
You will receive:
- An opportunity to gain experience in many of our practice areas which provides a solid foundation for your legal career;
- An extensive support network;
- Access to great clients including large corporates, and high net worth individuals;
- Regular learning opportunities and practical training; and
- Ongoing feedback, both formal and informal.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate must:
- Have completed a law degree or diploma in law;
- Hold a current practising certificate or have completed a Practical Legal Training (PLT) Course;
- Be energetic;
- Be driven and focused;
- Have strong academic achievements;
- Have previous experience as a paralegal or a law clerk;
- Be tech savvy;
- Have the ability to work under pressure;
- Enjoy process-driven, administrative work;
- Have a good eye for detail;
- Be confident in your communication skills; and
- Be a quick learner.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in corporate & commercial law?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in law?