Advertiser: Mildura Base Public HospitalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Management
About the Organisation
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180-bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
The hospital is a major public referral service for the Northern Mallee region providing services to approximately 80,000 people, treating over 20,000 inpatients and triaging more than 33,000 emergency attendees, and 850 births.
Our mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of our community by providing quality health services, with care, compassion and skill, genuinely recognising that to deliver quality care starts at the top of the organisation and is reflected in every staffing cohort.
Reporting to the Director Quality and Risk, this role will enable you to implement the clinical risk and compliance activities across the organisation. This position is responsible for the management and evaluation of quality processes, clinical outcomes, and associated data/indicators in addition to the management of the organisation’s Quality Management System (QMS). In addition, this role requires you to:
- Provide strong leadership in promoting a positive risk management culture across MBPH.
- Implement and monitor adherence to the risk management framework across MBPH.
- Lead the collation, evaluation and reporting of appropriate risk management performance indicators and audits.
- Promote and facilitate the organisation-wide use of the adverse event and near miss reporting systems
- Degree in health-related discipline with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a quality and risk services role.
- High level knowledge and understanding of the AS/NZ ISO 31000:2018 risk management standard and the Victorian Government Risk Management Framework.
- Experience with clinical governance; quality frameworks and improvement methodologies, in a health-related setting.
- Knowledge and experience in successfully managing quality improvement and accreditation programs within the healthcare sector
- You will have experience in meeting deadlines and be capable of in-depth incident investigation and report preparation, incorporating quality improvement principles.
- Advanced computer skills and a demonstrated ability to lead and operate in a dynamic environment is essential.
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
This is a fixed term position for 10 months. This position may be extended depending on organisational needs.
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
Position closes, Sunday 25 October 2020
For a position description please contact the People and Culture Team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Further information regarding the Hospital @ www.mbph.org.au