Advertiser: Uniting WAMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Albany & Great Southern
- $35.63 per hour plus super
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
About the role
We’re looking for open-minded, adaptable people with a passion for supporting people to live their best life to join the Uniting team.
This is an exciting new role where you will use your support coordination skills to help participants increase their capacity to manage and direct their own supports and assist them to maximise their NDIS plan funding to achieve the outcomes they desire in the best possible way. Please note that there may be occasional travel to Perth required in this role.
Salary packaging, extra annual leave and paid parental leave are just some of the reasons to apply. You’ll also be joining a supportive team with big ideas and a good sense of humour.
We want people with initiative and flair to help shape the future of services and provide even better outcomes for the people we support. Qualifications and experience are important too (see below), but we're looking for people who bring their personality and unique energy to the team, so please feel free to show us that in your application.
You're going to love this job because you’re:
- Someone who believes in person-centred support
- A doer who thrives when you’re working alone, or with a team
- Tech savvy and know your way around systems, Excel and Word to name a few
- Exceptional at communicating and building relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible and adaptable
- Committed, grounded and real
And you have (the bits HR told us to add):
- The ability to understand the NDIS Price Guide and flexibility within budgets, the NDIS legislation and rules including provisions relating to reasonable and necessary supports and the role of the mainstream service system.
- Appropriate education at a tertiary level or relevant experience
- Valid C class WA driver's licence and your own reliable vehicle
- National police clearance (dated within 6 months) or the ability to get one
Working with Uniting.
A few reasons you might like to join the team:
- Extra annual leave
- Boost your take home pay with salary packaging
- Generous long-service leave
- A great team environment.
At Uniting, we exist to inspire people, enliven communities and confront injustice.
We act with impact. We work to address the causes of vulnerability and disadvantage, and we stand for a just society where individuals and communities are valued and connected.
As an organisation, we celebrate our diversity and welcome all people regardless of ethnicity, faith, age, disability, culture, language, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We’re a not-for-profit community services organisation of the Uniting Church Western Australia and part of the UnitingCare Australia network.
We’re bold and respectful, compassionate and imaginative. And we’ll support you to belong and thrive.
We value social and cultural diversity, and we’re committed to a safe workplace. We strongly encourage applications from First Peoples, people who have lived experience, people with a disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature age workers.
Uniting is committed to providing a nurturing environment where all children feel safe, valued and heard.
How to apply
Please apply via SEEK providing a resume and a covering letter outlining your experience and suitability for the role.
For further information, please contact Sam Barron, Operations Lead 0428 910 423.
A position description with more detail is available at https://unitingwa.org.au/join-the-team/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a support coordinator?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?