Advertiser: Premier Youthworks2.7308 out of 52.7 overall rating (26 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- $78,300 base plus superannuation
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
We focus on being a client centred, people focused organisation.
Premier Youthworks provides Therapeutic Residential Care and support services for children and young people with complex needs arising from a history of childhood abuse and neglect.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate leader, with outstanding management skills to join our growing team. The hours for the position are flexible.
The core responsibility of the House Manager role:
- Manage the daily operation of designated residential homes, including supervision and support of a team (approx. 12-15 carers)
- Ensure the daily care and activities of children and young people are carried out in line with therapeutic models of care
- Development of the team and individuals through coaching and supervision
What we are looking for
You will be an enthusiastic and resilient leader who engages in positive activities with our Children and Young People including: behavioural support, educational assistance and the development of independent living skills.
To be successful in the role, the following will be required;
- Attained or working towards a relevant Diploma level qualification in Community services, Youthwork/Social Work, Psychology or Mental Health related.
- Experience with managing and leading a team, combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of the out-of-home care and residential care system (highly desirable)
- Availability to complete the Oncall roster and work some nights and weekends as required.
- Valid Working with Children Check (for paid employment) or be willing and eligible to obtain one prior to commencement
- Current First Aid certificate (HLTAID003 or equivalent)
- Valid Current Driver's Licence
- Current National Australian Federal Police (AFP) Check
What You Get
Premier Youthworks is committed to supporting its workforce and strives to create a working environment that allows people to do their best work. In this role you will be rewarded with:
- Competitive Manager Salary Pay Structure with annual review
- Access to employee benefits including a range of retail, entertainment discounts
- Discounted Gym Membership rates for employees and their immediate family
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for employees and their immediate family
- Access to training and ongoing development opportunities
If you are interested in joining the Premier Youthworks team click 'Apply for this job' below. Please ensure you include a cover letter and an updated resume.
To learn more about us, our story and what we do please visit our website at https://premieryouthworks.com.au
Premier Youthworks is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent and people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds to be part of an organisation that promotes a diverse and safe work environment.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What has attracted you to apply for this role?