Advertiser: VGWMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Engineering - Software
We are pioneers in online gaming, with talented people and innovative, patented technology. We own and operate several market-leading brands in the largest markets in the world and have about 500 team members globally, all committed to building something amazing, pushing our boundaries and having fun in the process. We’ve been disrupting online social casino and poker gaming since 2010 and bringing fun and excitement to millions of customers. At VGW, we have a modern approach to getting work done and a focus on creating an environment where amazing people can do amazing work. That means giving you the flexibility you need, providing spaces that will keep you comfortable and finding opportunities for you to keep learning and growing.
About the Role
As a Data Engineer at VGW, you will be working on our next-generation of Analytics Architecture, handling a huge amount of data generated from our business and external sources, and running machine learning models in batch and in real-time.
You’ll work on rapidly growing amounts of data from our online social gaming products which include Global Poker, Chumba Casino and LuckyLand. We’re collecting hundreds of millions of user events per month, and growing exponentially. You’ll help to answer questions and tackle problems in marketing and product development, that will enable our business to continue to grow and provide a broad range of fun and engaging games.
Our current analytics stack includes a growing AWS S3 data lake and, AWS Redshift data warehouse feeding various reporting and machine learning models. You’ll play a central role in defining and building this architecture, leveraging many cutting edge cloud technologies and services.
You’re an experienced Data Engineer, looking to work with the latest in cloud technology and real time data pipelines. You are someone who learns quickly, has a passion for self-learning and a tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get something done.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Degree in Computer Science or 3+ years of equivalent practical experience
- Previous commercial experience in a data-driven role
- Ability write clean, maintainable, and robust code in Python, Scala or similar
- Knowledge of software engineering concepts and best practices
- Familiarity with latest OSS, cloud, containerisation, query languages & database technologies
- Confirmed experience in building data pipeline across structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
- Experience in preparing data for analytics and data science
- Communicate complex concepts in simple, intuitive ways
- Translate business problems into technical solutions and data products
- Move quickly from concept to trial, to full implementation
- Able to effectively balance tradeoffs between competing priorities
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Can-do attitude and willingness to go the distance to get something done
- And most importantly a team player
Does this sound like your kind of challenge?
Apply now and we’ll be in touch soon.