Digital Publishing & Production Assistant
Advertiser: BolindaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 9 Oct 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Advertising, Arts & Media, Editing & Publishing
Bolinda is a world leading audiobook and technology company. We publish the greatest books you’ll ever hear.
Entrepreneurial by nature, our mission is to serve the world and inspire people to live their best lives through the power of storytelling.
The audiobook category is our sweet spot. As well as publishers, we are global industry innovators and our ground-breaking BorrowBox app technology reflects that.
Through our digital download solution, BorrowBox - your library in one app - Bolinda is the leading digital library provider in the world. BorrowBox - enables members of public libraries, schools and universities to download and borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks by way of digital loans. It is the fastest growing digital library platform in the world.
Bolinda has businesses based in Australia, UK and Germany and succeeds at doing business globally and can therefore provide great opportunities for exceptional people.
Bolinda believes that to enjoy the success that only the 1% have, you have to do what only the 1% do. They pride themselves on their innovative, cutting edge approach to business and follow Franklin Covey's 4 Disciplines of Execution and Robin Sharma's Lead Without a Title principles.
We are seeking a candidate to work in our digital business as Digital Publishing and Production Assistant.
This is a highly rewarding role that entails working with the world’s most prestigious publishers and with the best range of ebooks and eaudiobooks in the world today. You will work with metadata, content quality control and on-sale dates, merchandising and promotion of these products coupled with new customer site set up, customer inbox support for our app and more. The ideal candidate has extreme attention to detail including spelling, grammar, and proofing skills, coupled with a love of design, composition, and brand application rendering.
The role will require hands on administration assistance for our current team and you will provide variety of support tasks to them. You will work using state of the art systems, managing and testing of digital files, metadata writing and editing, shop and app merchandising, gap filling and general production and publishing support duties around content supply, fulfilment and customer support for users of our app. This role is being offered as an ongoing position assisting the current team.
Our ideal applicant has or is obtaining a tertiary qualification in English, Publishing and/or Communications, with some publishing or production experience desired, but not essential.
Additionally, the successful applicant will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A passion for books in all formats, reading and publishing; and
- Be tech savvy
- Have excellent verbal and written communicate skills
- Possess superior writing, editing and proofreading skills;
- Demonstrated ability to plan effectively and manage changing priorities in a deadline driven environment;
- Superior computer skills including a solid knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite and ability to adapt to new software quickly;
- Strong organisational, communication and administration skills;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a small production team;
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and from home during Covid
- Basic to Intermediate competency with Adobe InDesign & Photoshop suites (training is available on the job for these programs but experience will be highly regarded)
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter outlining your suitability for the role.
Applications not containing a cover letter will be disregarded.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.