Advertiser: Snowy Monaro Regional CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 10 Oct 2020
- Tumut, Snowy & Monaro
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Other
Snowy Monaro Regional Council is a unique 15,000km2 region that sites Ski Fields, beautiful landscapes, and Australia’s highest mountain. Employing over 450 people from a diverse range of personalities, backgrounds, and skillsets, we are a leading employer across the region.
The Construction Worker will work efficiently and effectively as a part of a team across various departments within Council. The successful candidates will be responsible for carrying out all duties with road construction and maintenance activities within the Transport & Infrastructure (Operations) Department.
There are several positions being offered in a Full Time capacity across Berridale, Bombala, and Cooma. This would be an ideal opportunity for enthusiastic and motivated candidate who is hardworking and looking for the perfect work life balance and a strong career path.
The Construction Worker will report into the Supervisor, responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Operate assigned plant and carry out labouring duties in the maintenance and construction of roads, footpaths, drainage, concrete works, bitumen patching, parks and gardens and roadsides in accordance with Council standards, timetable, environmental and quality objectives
- Minor plant operations including line markers, hoists, elevated work platforms, trucks, tractors, Rollers , mowers, slashers, edgers and brushcutters etc.
- Operate Council vehicles, plant (including minor plant items) and other equipment in a safe and competent manner and ensure regular maintenance checks and servicing are carried out to ensure a high level of operational standard is attained
- Ensure the safety of staff and public through the appropriate use of safety equipment and clothing in accordance with relevant safety standards and Council procedures
- Traffic Control at Worksites as directed
- Participate in tool box talks as required
- Current Valid Driver’s Licence, Class MR unrestricted
- Demonstrated ability to operate a variety of plant ie Line Markers, Hoists, Elevated Work Platforms, Trucks, Tractors, Rollers, Mowers, Slashers, Brush Cutters etc
- An understanding of and the ability to maintain plant, equipment and hand tools in a safe and useable condition
- A current WHS General Construction Induction (White) card
- Ability and ongoing commitment to work as directed by Supervisor, according to Council’s prescribed practices, Code of Conduct and Work Health and Safety procedures, with or without supervision
- Ability to manually lift in accordance with WHS guidelines
- 9 day fortnight
- Uniforms and PPE provided
- Development and career opportunities
- Be part of an organisation that is work-life balance oriented
- Build a lifelong meaningful career in a key regional area of NSW
Applications close Sunday 25 October 2020
At Snowy Monaro Regional Council, we are committed to providing EEO and embracing diversity. We are an inclusive workforce which reflects the unique region, community, and customers we serve. In addition to providing an encouraging and positive environment, Council is a smoke free work environment.
Please advise us if you require any reasonable adjustments to fully participate in the recruitment process or perform the requirements of the role.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.